What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
View attachment 68479

Dropped into a boot sale today. First one in almost two years.

Came away with a fuel can, a couple of bridles to scrap for the brassware, A Brady Gunslip, an old fire extinguisher, a bench power supply, a couple of thermometers in wooden cases, a couple of old tins and a nice old oil lamp.

Not a bad haul.
The fuel can is sound, no leaks found and still has original seal. The fire extinguisher works ( With water not Carbon Tetrachloride I hasten to add. ) The power supply is stable on all voltages and I'm just trying to work out the very complicated burner mechanism on the lamp but it all seems to work too.

A good mornings work.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Bought for me, a personalised victorinox farmer, always wanted one after dithering over the farmer and huntsman and deciding on the huntsman. Its everything folk said it would be, solid, reliable and a little slimmer, but missing the scissors haha. Great bit of kit though. Would be awesome if the alox scales still came with the tweezers.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Purchased last week but just delivered...Jacklore Classic Number 2, 4mm tapered tang, Stabilised English Yew scales, black G10 liners.

And as always, Sandy has been an absolute gentleman to do business with
b2e4052d167fd5e408ec67bd1397553b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Realy exciting... 4 x10 litre plastic buckets. I generally hate buying plastic nowadays, but I'm after making a Berkfield type water filter for the house, and one as a Xmas present

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Realy exciting... 4 x10 litre plastic buckets. I generally hate buying plastic nowadays, but I'm after making a Berkfield type water filter for the house, and one as a Xmas present
Interesting project. You suspect the water quality is of in your area?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
It's thick with chlorine, lift a glass to your lips that you've just poured from the tap and the aroma of chlorine is nasty!
Plus you never know when things may go wrong with water supply, so it's handy to be able to filter rain water if needed.
With no bottled water available in our local shop the past few weeks(not that I ever buy it) it got me thinking, especially as I vaugly remember recently reading a headline on my news feed about somewhere not too far away having no water due to a problem somewhere...didn't actualy read it, just took in that general fact.
Time to think beyond being totaly reliant on the mains for many reasons. With climate change, there could be problems in the future, so I'd rather be ready, than panicking!
Meanwhile I can get rid of all that nasty chlorine.

Reactions: TeeDee

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hope this counts 2 days ago I brought a GERBER ''Ultimate'' ? knife just to beat the hell out of it and see if the serrations are worth a dam for bushcraft style tasks. As I don't want to recommend it for my mates son's use until I've tried it first.
It just showed up and and to be honest it feels Ok in the hand but I still ain't convinced about the Add on B.G Bits & Bobs.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Oh dear- bit of a spree week again :(
Terava skrama 240, some handkerchiefs, wicks and spare globes for the feuerhand lanterns,some archery bits, more kydex.
Wanted some timber to make a large crate tool box to pass down to my lad, but the cost has skyrocketed for what I want to pay and for what it cost a year ago (as per most things especially anything related to construction).
It's grocery day if that counts? (Every week do a £5 food prep towards the pantry) today will be £5 worth of salt and spices.

Reactions: CLEM

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Please excuse my ignorance and I know google has the answer, but what's the difference between the cc4 and dc4 if you wouldn't mind- do you have both and if not why did you choose the cc4? @CLEM
I just think it’s better, finer, polishes more so that grinds.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Purchased last week but just delivered...Jacklore Classic Number 2, 4mm tapered tang, Stabilised English Yew scales, black G10 liners.

And as always, Sandy has been an absolute gentleman to do business with
b2e4052d167fd5e408ec67bd1397553b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Very elegant indeed.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Got you, wasnt sure if it was inteted for a certain steel. I did see the option for one when I bought my replacement dc4- perhaps I might 'need' one next time.
Oh it’s very definitely a need for absolute sure, much like my “ need” for an E&R Selvans is too :biggrin:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE