The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts. Content submitted express the views of their author only.
This Service is only available to users who are at least 13 years old. If you are younger than this, please do not register for this Service. If you register for this Service, you represent that you are this age or older.
All content you submit, upload, or otherwise make available to the Service ("Content") may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.
We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use the Service. Use of the Service constitutes acceptance of these terms. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
You agreed to these rules when you Join Bushcraft UK
These rules & guidelines have been created for the Bushcraft UK community. The rules must be obeyed and the guidelines should be taken into consideration as they help the community area of Bushcraft UK (BCUK) run smoothly. All members are expected to follow these rules & guidelines as part of their acceptance of using the community area. In order to keep the community area running well and to prevent problems, please follow these simple rules. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us by PM to the administrator or email to firstname.lastname@example.org These rules & guidelines will be updated as and when needed.
1 - Community and site moderation
Admin and Moderators on bushcraft uk will use the rules and their own judgement to moderate. They have full authority to act when & how they see fit and all members should abide by what they suggest or enforce. Due to bushcraft uk being a private forum the admin and moderators act on behalf of the owner and enforce the rules and standards set out here and those given to them verbally.
Guidance for members:
Abide by the decisions of the moderators, do not argue or challenge them on the forums. If you disagree with a decision contact them or admin via PM and state clearly and politely your concerns and they will be dealt with. An alternative is to use the report post function with an explanation. Anyone being argumentative, rude or a consistent nuisance will be carded or banned.
Be patient, sometimes things cannot be addressed straight away.
It is expected that members of bushcraft uk will self moderate, if this is done the moderator team will not have to moderate members or threads.
2 - Community area behaviour - Flaming: Slander, foul language, or harassment of anyone, member or non-member will not be accepted (otherwise known as flaming). As these forums are often viewed both at home and in workplace, family language is encouraged. Moderators will use their discretion.
3 - Bannable activities: Displaying, conversing about (using any of the community tools) or the posting of links to any type of pornographic site, illegal software downloads, or warez links will earn a ban. Any foul language or behaviour will also earn a ban. One warning can be given at the moderators’ discretion. Using the community area to Spam the forums, members or any other persons is not and will not be accepted. Members caught or suspected of spamming will be banned.
4 - Do a search: Before posting members should search the forum for a direct answer to their question. Admins and Moderators may ask members to search for the answer to their questions, should it already have been answered.
5 - Forum subject matter Some subjects should be avoided on bushcraft uk. Firstly any subject that the moderators say is not appropriate should not be discussed. Particular problem subjects where moderator guidance should be followed are those such as politics, survivalism (often becomes extreme), legal systems, TV shows and criticism of people, religion - this list is not all inclusive and members are expected to follow guidance given by moderators and other members that know the ropes.
6 - Usernames: Members may have one (1) username, multiple aliases are not permitted. If more than one alias is created on purpose for manipulating the forums, or other personal reasons we reserve the right to ban all instances of the users aliases.
7 - Obey The Law: The United Kingdom has some of the strictest knife, gun and wilderness laws in the world. It is the responsibility of the members to ensure their activity (particularly in the members classifieds section) conforms to all UK laws. This will be enforced rigorously.
If you do not know the legal status of your post then find out before posting. You can ask questions etc but do not post something as fact if it might not be.
8 - Advertising: Guidelines for Commercial companies, Distributors, craftsmen, retailers, schools and website owners:
Advertising is not permitted on the Bushcraft UK forum, outside the makers market and the commercial sales areas (these areas are governed by their own set of rules and guidelines.)
Overtly commercial language pertaining to products in which you have a vested commercial interest is not acceptable.
Members should not post links to their own commercial ventures, websites or forums. Links to such websites in signatures are permissible (at the discretion of BCUK admin) as long as this is not abused and a clearly visible reciprocal link to Bushcraft UK is placed on the website to which the link points.
We do like to see genuine resources made available to our members, if you are a new company/website or have a new product/service which you think would be of interest to the membership of Bushcraft UK, please contact the administration via email@example.com who will (at there discretion) make an announcement on your behalf.
Moderators will use their judgment as necessary to help the forum run smoothly and to avoid any confusion.
General guidelines for making posts in which you intend to make reference to your own products are as follows:
1. Do not under any circumstances make reference to your own products unless a member has requested information with regards to your product specifically or made a factually incorrect statement about your product or you feel a post must be made in the interests of public safety.
2. Only post your response in the thread in which the query or error/safety issue exists and respond to the query/error/safety issue with a single post.
3. Clearly state that you are a representative of the company at the start of your post
4. Provide only information which is clear, factually correct and serves solely to answer the query or address the error/safety issue
5. Provide the information in an unbiased manner ensuring that you make no statements inferring superiority to any other product
6. Do not under any circumstances make reference to any other manufacturers products or services
7. If you are in any doubt as to the legitimacy of your post, send a copy of the post to an administrator or moderator requesting advice, even if you feel that your post conforms to these guidelines it is generally good practice to inform the admin of your intention to make reference to your products on the forum, in many cases it is more appropriate for the administration to make the statement on your behalf.
Any post which makes reference to your own products or services, which does not conform to the above guidelines will be regarded as an overtly commercial post and will be removed as could membership.
Guidelines for BushcraftUK members:
It is perfectly acceptable for you to post information and links for products and services you feel would be of interest to other members, provided they are not of vested commercial interest to yourself or your associates.
We do however ask that you refrain from repeatedly posting information on products or websites (this will raise suspicion of a vested commercial interest)
You are not permitted advertise personal items for sale or trade outside of the members classifieds or swap shop areas of the forum (these areas are covered by their own set of rules and guidelines)
Moderators will use their judgment as necessary to help the forum run smoothly and to avoid any confusion.
9 - Photo Gallery: The photo Gallery has been provided for use in displaying photographs relating to bushcraft, the natural world, equipment (kit), travel and other related subjects. It is not to be used for selling items either as a trader/dealer or as a member of the site. All such information should be kept in the classifieds section.
10 - COPYRIGHT: All Website design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material on this Website are copyright Bushcraft UK or its content providers, unless otherwise expressly indicated. All rights reserved. You are permitted to print or download extracts from this material for your personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. No part of the Website or any material appearing on the Website may be reproduced or stored in or transmitted to any other web site. No material appearing on the Website may be disseminated in any form, either electronic or non-electronic, nor included in any retrieval system or service without the prior written permission of Bushcraft UK. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not (and will not assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
Thanks for reading this. It is here for the protection of all of us. The bottom line is that the responsibility lies with you, do not abuse it.
If you have any comments then PM Tony or Ed. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Addition 24th Sept 2015
11 - Posting up content from other sites. All content should be embedded and visible on Bushcraft UK links should only be used if embedding is not possible. If you are unsure of where you stand please contact a Mod and ask. If you are unsure how to post things on Bushcraft UK, just ask.
You agreed to these rules when you joined Bushcraft UK
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS Bushcraft Media Limited brings you this BushcraftUK.com website ("Website") on condition you accept the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions"). Your use of this Website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and notices.
2. COPYRIGHT All Website design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code and all other material on this Website are copyright Bushcraft Media Limited or its content providers, unless otherwise expressly indicated. All rights reserved. You are permitted to print or download extracts from this material for your personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. No part of the Website or any material appearing on the Website may be reproduced, stored in or transmitted to any other web site. No material appearing on the Website may be disseminated in any form, either electronic or non-electronic, nor included in any retrieval system or service without the prior written permission of Bushcraft Media Limited. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree that you will not (and will not assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content, except under those conditions described above.
3. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO THE WEBSITE You acknowledge that Bushcraft Media Limited does not always monitor Content (as defined below) submitted by users, but that Bushcraft Media Limited shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, Bushcraft Media Limited shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the Terms and Conditions of Use or is in any other way inappropriate or objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. You may not submit third party proprietary information to Bushcraft Media Limited without first obtaining permission from the owner. Any Content provided by you by, for example, posting messages to bulletin boards or chat forums, uploading files, inputting data, or engaging in any other form of communication through this Website, although owned by you, is subject to a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, world-wide licence allowing Bushcraft Media Limited to use, distribute, copy, sub-license, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such content. You agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive on your behalf in perpetuity in respect of such Content the benefit of any provision of law known as moral rights of authors or any similar law in any country.
4. LINK TO THIRD PARTIES This Website and all other Bushcraft Media Limited owned Websites sites may contain links to websites operated by parties other than Bushcraft Media Limited. Such links are provided for your convenience only. Bushcraft Media Limited does not control such websites, and is not responsible for their content. BushcraftUK.com's inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites. Or any association with their operators. For example, users may be able to buy goods and services via the Website, some of which may be through third party retailers who link to the Website. Users may also enter into correspondence with or participate in promotions by advertisers on the Website. Bushcraft Media Limited in no way endorses these third parties and any such transactions, dealings, correspondence with or participation in promotions of third parties, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such matters are solely between the corresponding user and the third party. Bushcraft Media Limited assumes no liability, obligation or responsibility for any part of any such transaction, dealing, correspondence or participation.
5. LINKS FROM BUSHCRAFT UK If users of Bushcraft UK use the site to promote their own website, business or other organisation via links using any of the facilities on Bushcraft UK it is expected that a reciprocal link is posted by the user referring people back to Bushcraft UK. If this is not forthcoming, Bushcraft UK reserve the right to request a link be established or any reference to the users website, business or other organisation to be removed from Bushcraft UK.
6. MEMBER CONDUCT You understand that all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Bushcraft Media Limited, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload to, post on or otherwise transmit via this Website. Bushcraft Media Limited does not control all the Content posted on the Website and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Website, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. If you do find such materials please notify bcuk technical staff so that we can act at our discretion in the matter.
You further understand that this Website contains or will contain bulletin boards, chat areas, review sections and other interactive areas, and you agree to use the Website in a way that is proper and related to the Website. For example, you agree that when using the Website you will not:
- Upload, post, use or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, or invasive of another's privacy.
- Upload, post, use or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law, or any content which violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy).
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that contains any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights of any party, unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary permissions.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other files or programs that may interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any Bushcraft Media Limited site or any servers or networks connected to such Bushcraft Media Limited site or another's computer, or any chain letters, pyramid-selling schemes, bulk mail or mails bombs or other such programs.
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation.
- Restrict or in any way inhibit any other user from using the Website.
- Use the Website in a manner that is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions and/or not in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations or for any illegal purpose.
You agree that you do not object to Bushcraft Media Limited or such third parties contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
Information collected We collect certain personal information about you, including but not necessarily limited to: - Information that you provided by filling in forms on the Website. This includes but is not limited to the information provided at the time of registration or of posting material or of participating in surveys, or of entering competitions, or of requesting further services. This includes but is not limited to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone code, telephone number and other information about your interests that enable us to provide you with a more tailored Website experience, by personalising the Website to match your interests.
- Information about your internet usage, and your usage of this Website, that may be obtained using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. You are able to disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may slow down or prohibit access to certain parts of the Website.
- Information about your computer including where available your browser type, your operating system and your IP address.
Uses made of Information collected We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with a personalised service to enhance your enjoyment of the Website
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service where you have chosen to do so
- To send you newsletters via e-mail, from which you can unsubscribe by changing the settings on your personal profile page
-To contact you in relation to prize draws and competitions
- To provide you with information and services that you have requested from us
- To update you about changes to the service of the Website
- To contact you with information about this Website or any other website operated by Bushcraft Media Limited that we think may be of interest to you.
- If you are a member of this website, we may also permit third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. You have the right to request us not to pass such information on to third parties for such purposes. You can exercise that right by changing the settings on your personal profile page.
8. DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY Use of the Website and the facilities thereon, and any material or information obtained from this Website is at your own risk, and Bushcraft Media Limited hereby expressly disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all warranties, expressed or implied, of any kind whatsoever including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and infringement. In addition, Bushcraft Media Limited shall not be responsible for the failure of performance of this Website and/or the software used thereon; the loss of data or services resulting from delays, non-deliveries, or service interruption; the accuracy, quality or nature of information obtained through its services; nor the consequences arising from or related to any viruses transmitted through its servers, or any liability, costs, loss of profits or consequential losses arising from your use of, or inability to access this Website.
In relation to Content uploaded by users, Bushcraft Media Limited shall not be responsible for any such Content posted by users in chat rooms or other community areas. All such Content whether expressed as opinions, statements or recommendations, are those of users expressing such views and are not those of Bushcraft Media Limited.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, nothing herein shall limit your rights as a consumer under English law. Bushcraft Media Limited will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations or otherwise out of or in connection with the Website, or products or services offered on the Website, whether by Bushcraft Media Limited or on its behalf, for: (a) any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (b) any loss of goodwill or reputation; or (c) any special or indirect or consequential losses; in any case whether or not such losses were within the contemplation of either party at the date on which the event giving rise to the loss occurred. You agree to indemnify Bushcraft Media Limited in respect of any liability or any costs, loss of profits, loss of data, or consequential losses arising from a breach by you of any of the terms of this agreement, or arising out of your use of any of the Bushcraft Media Limited Sites.
9. ONLINE COMPETITIONS The rules set out below ("Competition Rules") apply to each competition Bushcraft Media Limited runs on any of the Bushcraft Media Limited Sites ("Competition"). By participating in each Competition the user as an entrant agrees to be bound by the Competition Rules (and any other rules which Bushcraft Media Limited tell you apply to the Competition) and by the decisions of Bushcraft Media Limited, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. No correspondence will be entered into and Bushcraft Media Limited reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion.
No purchase is necessary to enter a Competition. All prizes are non-transferrable and no cash or credit alternatives will be offered. Arrangements for the fulfillment of prizes may be made by a third party sponsor. Bushcraft Media Limited reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any and all prizes with prizes of comparable value. All entries must be received by the deadline for that Competition and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. By you entering a Competition, if you are a winner, you grant Bushcraft Media Limited permission to use your name and likeness for advertising and future promotional purposes.
By you entering a Competition you: (a) assign to Bushcraft Media Limited all rights, title and interest (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights however arising and in whatever media throughout the world) in perpetuity, in all creative material uploaded onto any of the Bushcraft Media Limited Sites or otherwise provided by you where such creative material is the subject of the Competition; (b) irrevocably and unconditionally waive on your behalf in perpetuity the benefit of any provision of law known as moral rights of authors of any similar law in any country; (c) acknowledge that Bushcraft Media Limited may use such creative material in any way it sees fit without further payment to you; (d) warrant to Bushcraft Media Limited that such creative material is wholly original to you (in the sense of not being copied), does not libel, defame, cause injury to, or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate the rights of any third party and the use of such creative material by Bushcraft Media Limited will not infringe the rights of any third party; and (e) consent to Bushcraft Media Limited passing your name and address to any third party to deliver the prize or prizes to you. (f) consent to Bushcraft Media Limited passing your name and address to the competition sponsor for their own marketing purposes.
Winner(s) will be notified by e-mail as soon as possible after the Competition draw/decision. For the names of the winner(s), please send an e-mail to info@BushcraftMedia.com specifying the Competition. If you are a winner, you may have to complete additional legal documents and return them to Bushcraft Media Limited within three working days of receipt from Bushcraft Media Limited. Non-compliance or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
The receipt, by you if you are a winner, of any prize is conditional upon compliance of any and all laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules and any further rules relating to such Competition as Bushcraft Media Limited may impose. Winners are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any expenses not specified in the prize description including those associated incidental expenses associated with claiming the prize.
Bushcraft Media Limited reserves the right to implement age requirements or other eligibility criteria where necessary. Competitions are not open to the employees of affiliated companies and subsidiaries, nor to any sponsors, nor to the immediate families of such employees or sponsors. Winner(s) of the Competitions agree that neither Bushcraft Media Limited or any sponsors shall have any liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded herein. No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost or delayed in transmission or for damage or loss resulting from misdirected or incomplete entries arising from transmission and/or computer malfunctions, viruses, bugs or other similar causes.
10. GENERAL These Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Bushcraft Media Limited concerning your use of the Website and supersedes any previous arrangement, agreement, undertaking or proposal, written or oral between you and Bushcraft Media Limited in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by either party shall alter the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions. You confirm that in agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a representation in these Terms and Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not become a term of these Terms and Conditions save that your agreement contained in this paragraph shall not apply in respect of any fraudulent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
If any provision(s) of the Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties with the other provisions remaining in full force and effect.
Bushcraft Media Limited's failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Bushcraft Media Limited in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms and Conditions shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you and Bushcraft Media Limited.
Bushcraft UK is a privately owned website and forum and as such every visitor is a guest, no rights are conferred by registering or subscribing to Bushcraft UK and membership can be cancelled at any time at the owners discretion. We also reserve the right at our discretion to not delete accounts because it ruins threads for others but we will disable accounts.
Enjoy the site