What wildlife did you spot today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I just saw 2 chaffinches, a female and male foraging. They didn't know I was watching. Chaffinches are ground feeders and the colors are striking, particularly the male

Reactions: William_Montgomery

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Something very common but whilst staying at my mum's ive watched several black birds and thrushes busily collecting worms for their young. They must get through vast quantities for each brood.

Reactions: William_Montgomery

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
This morning, I saw a pair of Chinese Water Deer in the field behind my house. Usually the deer seen are muntjac and sometimes lately, roe, but these were a pair of water deer, doe and a buck following her around, passed within a few yards of my back garden fence. The buck's vampire fang tusks were much more obvious than the does, although she had them, and it made his head look more rectangular and dog like, compared to the slightly more triangular doe

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Fox, Goldfinches, Sparrows, Dunnock, Robin, Wrens, Crows, Wood Pigeons, Jackdaws, Sparrowhawk & Buzzard, all from my normal daytime perch by the window.

Reactions: Mesquite

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Fox, Goldfinches, Sparrows, Dunnock, Robin, Wrens, Crows, Wood Pigeons, Jackdaws, Sparrowhawk & Buzzard, all from my normal daytime perch by the window.
That a decent bag. Any interesting facts? actually I've got one; A male sparrowhawk is known as a musket. Ive seen a few more since this morn. collared dove, wren and hooded crow, xx

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Up at Glen Park, Filey, spotted a grey squig perched on the entry port of one of those large rectangular waste bins.

The insoucient, apparently world weary, but charming little blighter, all but leaning on one elbow and inspecting his finger nails.

So clearly , cheekily at ease with life , he was worth a very warm chuckle.

Regards all
Ceeg

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
today only a juvenile nine-banded armadillo; yesterday howling and capucine monkeys, raccoons, coatis, two-toed sloths, vultures, woodpeckers and a bunch of tourists (=i was making some income as tour guide :p ) and earlier this week two peccaries. living in central america leads to different wildlife encounters :)
Have you ever seen a Harpy eagle out there ? x

CrispyDuck

Dec 31, 2020
Londonish
Sorry for the photo dump, but spring seems to be springing in the m25 this week. I love it… so exciting

Attachments

• IMG_7583.jpeg
    IMG_7583.jpeg
    318.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7586.jpeg
    IMG_7586.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7592.jpeg
    IMG_7592.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7525.jpeg
    IMG_7525.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7594.jpeg
    IMG_7594.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 3
Have you ever seen a Harpy eagle out there ? x
no, unfortunately not... if there any around it would be most likely high up in the mountains where there's less destruction (=lot's of land clearing along coast for construction and inland for farming, + (illegal) logging :-( )
today however saw my third Red Brocket Deer since coming 7years ago to C.R. -- and a female with two young ones for that :)

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
no, unfortunately not... if there any around it would be most likely high up in the mountains where there's less destruction (=lot's of land clearing along coast for construction and inland for farming, + (illegal) logging :-( )
today however saw my third Red Brocket Deer since coming 7years ago to C.R. -- and a female with two young ones for that :)
cool, did you say you were a guide? bush craft? tourists? wildlife ???? x

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Magpie at the base of my bird feeders.

Wish iD seen the pigeons using my car roof as a toilet !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE