What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Very elegant indeed.
Yeah it certainly is, feels fantastic in the hand too.

Sandy has got his handle shaping down to a tee. I remember him saying on one of his videos that he does it as much by feel as he does by vision.

Certainly a master in his craft!

ATB,

Allan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Oh it’s very definitely a need for absolute sure, much like my “ need” for an E&R Selvans is too :biggrin:
The winkler hunter for me. If only I could justify it. ER knives look like absolute beasts in all forms and more than certainly capable of cutting tasks :D

Reactions: CLEM

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
What a disgusting name, wookey hole.
Makes me think of this guy and his "behind". I ain´t eating no cheese from no wookie hole.
F47T7W4H9G19XAP.jpg

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
GERBER LMF 2 infantry in Green I've been putting it off for months and while thinking? should I give in to my urge I've missed out on the Green version twice. Stupid.
TeeDee are those Exotac Lighter Holders sturdy ?

Quick review on the Exotac Lighter Holder.

I don't know if I would necessarily call it sturdy but its fit for purpose. The Top is made of a thicker more rigid piece of plastic than the bottom larger section which is more flexible ( I guess to provide a tight fit around the lighter ).

The fit of the cap over the main body is ok , not amazing , but for general use its fine - If I was going to carry one of these around for continued wilderness use I'd be tempted to put some insulation tape as a belts'n'braces safeguard to stop water ingress if submerged.

In the top of the Cap even when there is a lighter in the main sleeve there is a little space for some compressed tinder for immediate emergency use.

I purchased the Orange ones and will add some Solas reflective tape ( to find with a torch if dropped in the dark )

I guess from Hennie they are kinda pricey for what they are but its one of those long term investment purchases.

exotac.jpg

Reactions: CLEM and JonathanD

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just ordered and should arrive next week

GSI Outdoors Pinnacle 10 inch frying pan as the one we've been hammering for about 20 years finally gave up the ghost, under the baked on crud the Teflon was flaking off in big ragged bits and it was no longer safe to use.

Evernew light weight 570fd titanium mug to go over my M'kettle. I'll have to save up again for the lid.

Aleve Solo bath tub ground sheet from backpackinglight UK. There's five quid off at the moment.

ATB

Tom

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
2 x 30cm circular saw blades, quite rusty. Rippers, no TC teeth to cutoff. Adze blades, several Ulu and maybe Umialik for kitchen gifts.
Rusty old hand saw, nothing special, good for at least 2 snow knives.
Whopping $5.00 for the lot.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Somehow I've managed to lose my Victorinox huntsman, whilst acquiring an alox farmer- which is a lovely knife but I'm missing the scissors badly so I've ordered a white classic sd to get the best of both worlds, for 12.75 posted :) only 22 grams, can't be a bad little EDC.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
A Folding Toilet tent as were about to have the Bathroom done, and Yes I brought a loo as well.
When I open the Bag well un-zipped it the Tent Jumped out and kindly led itself on the kitchen table, Scared my mum.
Cheers

• Haha
Reactions: punkrockcaveman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE