What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A little Vango gas stove.

my no-name one is getting decidedly jittery and so I decided to get a light stove of reputable make.

In its box it is twice the size of the cheap job. However lots of space inside for other items.

Feeling by hand its not much heavier than my MSR pocket rocket. (Which I am keeping for my car kit)

I also got a plastic mug for my kitchen box. £4 from Cotswold outdoors...Normaly more expensive.

Shows it pays to check

Reactions: Winnet

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Pacific Halibut is the premier white fish from the North Pacific. The First Nations have been catching these for thousands of years. The hook design not only selects an intermediate class of fish size BUT, as you hand line your catch, the hook flips the halibut over on it's back so your 100kg fish doesn't fight as much.

Today, I ordered two of the Tsimshian First Nations halibut hook kits of rough parts. I want to carve and assemble these things, quite attractive in their own right.
The Sealaska Heritage Institute has produced a series of 21 videos for the carving and assembly. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a little more difficult than a pro like Hee'ndee lets on. We shall learn!

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Thanks to Varusteleka I should be able to stay toasty coming winter.

1519610aaa37764b9.jpg

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Popped into the local ( Waterfoot nr Rawtenstall, East Lancs) British Red Cross Charity shop and they had a lot of new bags of various sizes and shapes for sale cheap. Mainly canvas but a few in a nylon / cordurra type material. One assumes a local manufacturer has dumped old stock or overrun on the charity as it has happened in the past and I've seen the same sort of stuff in other East Lancashire charity shops.

k9neUNW.jpg

The barrel bag was a fiver and is just the job for some soft kit I wanted to shift more easily and the white canvas bags were 75 p each or two for a pound/ They had canvas draw string/ strap P.E. bags and such like as well. If Id had more time I would probably got more but herself was waiting with the engine running and more saliently there was a Mannings cornish pasty cooling in my haversack!

The stitching seams sound if a singe line and the barrel bags seams are taped. The zips are not brand name but seam sturdy enough.

The thing at the bottom is a metre of bright orange ( brighter in real life) rip stop nylon to make a 2 foot square marker panel/sit mat/ browse bag from. I've got material to reinforce the edges and brass eyelets to take some paracord for a shoulder strap when used as a bag.

Also got a 4 x 4 m DD tarp in OG coming as a swap.

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Arrived from DD Hammocks a 2.2m 4 piece bivy pole. Also got a roll of Tenacious tape (ouch, not cheap) and a few sale bits from a excellent camping shop in Blackburn, Outdoor Action. A couple of plastic cups that will hopefully fit over my M'kettle, 3 Inova LED wands for the micro lights in them, 2 x 10m hanks of Robens 2.5mm reflective guylines to make guys for the DD 4 x 4 tarp that arrived earlier this week, 4 packs of 2 knock off rubber ferrules for walking poles, 70p a pack to go on my Polish fighting umbrella as a nurse at the bus station who was giving out ferrules for the walking sticks to passing OAPs had given me a good shouting at for having one on my umbrella that had the point showing half a inch through the old ferrule. They were also selling off packs of 10 sets of press stud with the cutter,punch and die to fix them, so being fresh out we got two. Made in England by Hopkins.

Atb

Tom

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbear

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Heinnie Haynes UKPK edition

View attachment 68350

Oh, good work JD :thumbsup:. I have one from the first run (June 2019). I didn’t ‘get’ the UKPK to start off with, preferring the friendly Urban. Was gifted a foliage green UKPK by the ever generous HateThatGiraffe but gifted it on. Tried the Lite FRN handle version, and it was still a no.

Then the Heinnie translucent blood popsicle G10 appeared for £75, it’s been in my pocket pretty much every day since, I really do ‘get it’ now. A perfect knife.

Today I have bought a Nitecore NU25 headlight. And some mini red led marker things, as below. I have a resin dragon skull in the campervan, these will either be eyes or put inside to glow the whole thing red or green. £3.49 for 5 off the Bay.

Attachments

• E3E74C54-E623-4DC0-999C-9149FCC51B68.jpeg
    E3E74C54-E623-4DC0-999C-9149FCC51B68.jpeg
    8.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: bigbear

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Well that’s a bit ruddy cool.

HTG is a fine fella. I have the original 2019 as well and was with the original UKPK design team. I carry a UKPK every day. Mostly the titanium version. That’s seen 10 years of use and is still going strong. IMO it’s the finest designed slippie ever. But then there is the PITS :p, which is THE finest slippie design EVER. Apart from the
UKPK….. ad infinitum

Last edited:
Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Well that’s a bit ruddy cool.

HTG is a fine fella. I have the original 2019 as well and was with the original UKPK design team. I carry a UKPK every day. Mostly the titanium version. That’s seen 10 years of use and is still going strong. IMO it’s the finest designed slippie ever. But then there is the PITS :p, which is THE finest slippie design EVER. Apart from the
UKPK….. ad infinitum
I have a Spyderco PITS, it’s a wonderful thing, one of the best blade geometries ever. I don’t know if you remember UKMidnite? He did Ti anodising so I had him splash the scales. I’ll bung a pic of it tomorrow, it’s proper arty. :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE