What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Minty unissued pair of olive canvas general service gaiters for 3 quid.
Swiss souvenier horn for chopping up £1.50
Unused regatta trousers for one son £3.25
slightly used Craghopper trousers for another £2. They are both of a size that over optimistic walkers buy their first outdoors kit in before realising they should have got a size or two bigger! In the last month or so since I bagan looking I must have got a dozen pairs of good walking trousers, most looking brand new, for peanuts. If you have sub 30 inch waists I recommend you have a good look in the charity shops, and don't neglect the ladies section. The lads are happily wearing several pairs I've sanitised the labels of and they haven't clogged onto the flys zip on the opposite side.... Like new Rohans for £2, nice and roomy on the hips but so what!? I wouldn't get them what they'd call girly colours I hasten to add.

atb

tom

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Today I purchased via a GB the following items :)

A 3Lt Geigerrig
PB Holder
Sawyer Mini Filter
Hydrolink
32oz Bag
and a
GSR Bag

on top of that I also received through the post 100 resealable Mylar food storage bags that I ordered a short while ago.

I'm happy as the preverbial pig :)

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
This is what I bought today at 4 different flea markets :). Total cost 160 Swedish kronor which is about 18€. I'm most happy with the 2 piano wire pliers, one Bahco and one Lindström. The brass/copper mallet is also nice :). I've bought tons of stuff at flea markets!
xlj6o1.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not actually today but they arrived in the post today. I bought 4 of these:

41A2U%2BOsGvL.jpg

Basically it's a 2mm thick credit card sized folding knife. The blade is steel and the rest is a tough plastic. I found it on Amazon.com for about $3 each and placed an order for 4 in total brining it to $12 but once I got to the checkout I choked on the $49 they hit me with for shipping to France. The free postage was within the good ol' US of A. So I had them shipped to a mate in Louisiana who sent them on to me with some other goodies. The package arrived today.

The credit card knife's a bit gimmicky to be honest. I don't think it'd be up to much abuse like whittling, but in an emergency situation and you need a sharp blade then it'll be better than bu99er all. Maybe I'll write a review on it one day.

Anyway, that's what I bought. Oh and I bought a pizza for dinner tonight but didn't use the credit card knife to slice it up.

Ta ta.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Not actually today but they arrived in the post today. I bought 4 of these:

41A2U%2BOsGvL.jpg

Basically it's a 2mm thick credit card sized folding knife. The blade is steel and the rest is a tough plastic. I found it on Amazon.com for about $3 each and placed an order for 4 in total brining it to $12 but once I got to the checkout I choked on the $49 they hit me with for shipping to France. The free postage was within the good ol' US of A. So I had them shipped to a mate in Louisiana who sent them on to me with some other goodies. The package arrived today.

The credit card knife's a bit gimmicky to be honest. I don't think it'd be up to much abuse like whittling, but in an emergency situation and you need a sharp blade then it'll be better than bu99er all. Maybe I'll write a review on it one day.

Anyway, that's what I bought. Oh and I bought a pizza for dinner tonight but didn't use the credit card knife to slice it up.

Ta ta.

Remember to remove from wallet before attempting to board a plane there Biker! Would hate to see you getting dragged off by customs as a terrorist!

Mahomasy

Aug 13, 2013
Sweden
Charity shop find, Camp Trails external frame bag for 6 bills. Anyone know much about this brand? Bag I got is made in Ireland...

avuzu9ed.jpg
ute7uqy2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE