WHAT DID YOU MAKE TODAY?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Hoop and set of primary shaped ribs for a big cynell basket, plus some hoops for other sizes of cynell baskets.... (need to make some smaller rib formers to go with the smaller hoops).

It's not really the rightnti e of year but if you use second season biomass willow and leave a week between cutting and splitting/forming g it's OK.

Currently they are all hung from crop bars in the polytunnel to dry.

I use old bicycle wheels as hoop formers, and just obtained some bicycle wheel rims so I have more sizes of former, they work really well

GC
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy and Broch
Not so much made as modified a PLCE sh1tbin to be a bit nicer. Simple thing and a bit of simple sewing.

1) Thin shock cord around the pouch and under the daysack yoke. A little bit of compression. Secures back pad and somewhere to stow a jacket.

2) Back pad. Folded foam seat pad behind the yoke. Gives a bit more support and easy to remove and sit on

3) Paracord loop pouch inside as a key clip/tie down.

4) Paracord grab handle on the yoke.

5) ALICE issue dressing/compass pocket sewn on the lid. Holds boo boo kit, mini bic lighter and wet wipes.

IMG_6976.jpegIMG_6978.jpegIMG_6979.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
I devoted ten whole minutes to this project.

Back scratcher £1.50 from a Llandudno stall. (Wish I’d taken a before shot.)

Saw off both ends

=

Pocket bellows @ about a fiver.
IMG_9597.jpegIMG_9596.jpeg
I don’t need one and saving £4 isn’t a big deal but hey - it works.

A result is a result.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toddy
I've been tanning Cow Bladders to make primitive water containers.

I bought 5 total from a sausage maker supplier and tanned 3 of them with Cutch powder. I've just rinsed them out tonight and blown them up with air to dry them out.

Will make a netting bag to put them in and I was thinking of using some hollowed out Elder as a spout. I'll post finished article as well.

tempImagespKATk.pngtempImageJGP4nO.pngtempImagefbkcfc.png
 

Attachments

  • tempImageRVfG59.png
    tempImageRVfG59.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
  • tempImagepMUtrr.png
    tempImagepMUtrr.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE