What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Three 500mm braided steel hoses so I can connect my hot water boiler to the mains water supply again and hopefully get the shower to work.

40cm_Stainless_Steel_Braided_Hose_for_Toilet_Faucet_Heater_Plumbing_Hose_Bathroom_Accessoriess_Free_Shipping.jpg_200x200.jpg

Got to the till with a "few other items" that were bright and shiny and was asked for €83! WHAT!!!? :yikes:

I tell ya those bright and shiny things that jumped into my shopping cart really do bump up the bill. Granted I do need the 125mm elbow bend for the wood burner, and the 125mm - 100mm reducer sleeve and the stainless steel cover rings for inside and outside the wall. I also needed the stopcock and the 2 brass T joints and those other bits and bobs. Like I said they soon mount up. :eek:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I bought a Tatonka kettle 2.5l off Amazon for less than £20. What an excellent bit of kit, I'm going to enjoy using it. This is a good size for 1-4 people unless you want to go it really light and alone. It is about the size of a medium kitchen pan but without the weight. The frying pan should do the job nicely, big enough to easily cook a fried breakfast.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tatonka-Sta...e=UTF8&qid=1385039798&sr=8-6&keywords=tatonka

I've already worked out that if you fit the lid handle up through the bail support it will lock the bail in position rather than having to remember to push it down to lock each time. This could be particularly useful at times.

I have thrown an Al. pot grabber in with it and I'm ready to rock. Should be interesting trying to cook chips in it! I guess people bake bread in these, any tips for a good result and not a cremated bread bottom?

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I have thrown an Al. pot grabber in with it and I'm ready to rock. Should be interesting trying to cook chips in it! I guess people bake bread in these, any tips for a good result and not a cremated bread bottom?

Find something that fits inside to act as a trivet and make sure it's raised slightly to create a space. I've use the ss wire scourers for that, saves hunting round for suitable small stones

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I just bought a couple of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAND-WARM...SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item4acb80d910

heater firefly.JPG

I have just filled it with lighter fluid (Lighter Fluid, Panel Wipe, Naphtha, White Gas is the same thing I understand) and it is absolutely awesome. I have one sat on my shoulder keeping the muscle relaxed, waaaay better than a parrot! Waaaay better than those Hotties or solid fuel things. It is light, compact, efficient, toasty as you like, cheap, cool in a hot kind of way, just awesome. They are supposed to run for up to 24 hours on one fill! The Platinum catalytic pad in the cap is cheap as chips to replace and lasts for a very long time anyway. Did I say it was an awesome bit of kit. I'm going to use these in my pockets and hammock etc. from now on. I just need to source some 'proper' panel wipe (Naphtha) which will make them ridiculously cheap to run.

The posher ones by Zippo are twice the price but this Firefly works very well. I'd rather have 2 for 1 or 8 for 4! Some Christmas prezzies have been found me thinks.

Slip a couple of these in your rear pockets and you are going to have one hot backside.

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The Zippo ones are great and can be had for a pound or 2 more than those, if you get lucky, mine came from amazon in the middle of summer posted for £11ish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE