What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I've got the orange version of the Chinese one. mine works well :)

Well spotted Stringmaker, I've was looking for them cheaper on Ebay and obviously didn't quite get the correct search terms. I was using 'Firefly' and getting £9.95! This is exactly the same as the Amazon ones for £7.50. An absolute bargain at £5, even better if I find that Panel Wipe will work in them.

Is the orange one hotter or cooooler hiho? :cool:

Last edited:

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Yesterdays stuff

From Dutchware..

Cammo tree straps,
Ti clips
Ti buckles
25” amsteel
25” Dynaglide
4 ridgeline ‘biners
Whoopie hooks
2x 2ltr water pouches for my sawyer squeeze filter
Some samples of his quilt fabric

And a luminAID solar powered inflatable light.
luminAIDgrass.jpg

From Go outdoors..

Lifesystems trek first aid kit
2x Lifesystems Orange emergency survival bags
Set of merino base layers for SWMBO
Mammut inflatable air pillow, packs up tiny and weighs a mere 39g

From Barnsley market, two pairs of the heat holder socks but in different packaging, 2 pairs for a fiver!

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
cool, these really keep you warm? might invest in one for those extra cold nights

I have been using mine all weekend long and they are awesome for the price. They work very well, I'm well pleased. I fill it up and then put a drop or two of fluid onto the catalyst felt in the cap. This makes it easier to light, it flames for a minute and then goes out and into catalytic mode. It stays really hot for a day, getting hotter if you provide more oxygen. I've ordered a load more and I'm going to experiment with them for nighttime heating along a ridgeline or underline in a hammock sock.

Last edited:

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
ehanerug.jpg
Warbonnet blackbird hammock 1.7 single off the bay

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I just bought a couple of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HAND-WARM...SportingGoods_OtherSports&hash=item4acb80d910

View attachment 25393

I have just filled it with lighter fluid (Lighter Fluid, Panel Wipe, Naphtha, White Gas is the same thing I understand) and it is absolutely awesome. I have one sat on my shoulder keeping the muscle relaxed, waaaay better than a parrot! Waaaay better than those Hotties or solid fuel things. It is light, compact, efficient, toasty as you like, cheap, cool in a hot kind of way, just awesome. They are supposed to run for up to 24 hours on one fill! The Platinum catalytic pad in the cap is cheap as chips to replace and lasts for a very long time anyway. Did I say it was an awesome bit of kit. I'm going to use these in my pockets and hammock etc. from now on. I just need to source some 'proper' panel wipe (Naphtha) which will make them ridiculously cheap to run.

The posher ones by Zippo are twice the price but this Firefly works very well. I'd rather have 2 for 1 or 8 for 4! Some Christmas prezzies have been found me thinks.

Slip a couple of these in your rear pockets and you are going to have one hot backside.

Just got a pair of these too. Nice heads up. Cheers Hound

BTW panel wipe is available on ebay £18.99 delivered 5l

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE