What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Just got a pair of these too. Nice heads up. Cheers Hound

BTW panel wipe is available on ebay £18.99 delivered 5l

Great. I also found this one with a spare Platinum catalyst cap at £5.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121015089114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Inspect the silver ones carefully to make sure they are properly sealed. I had one off Amazon for £7.50 that was ill fitting or banged in the post and would have leaked like a sieve if filled. I am in the process of sending it back. A good one is an excellent bit of kit though.

I know a chemical solvent supplier that has Panel Wipe at £2/litre! A friend of mine has been using panel wipe for years, no problem. Watch out when buying panel wipe for its ingredient make up, you don't want to get the wrong type.

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Great. I also found this one with a spare Platinum catalyst cap at £5.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121015089114?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Inspect the silver ones carefully to make sure they are properly sealed. I had one off Amazon for £7.50 that was ill fitting or banged in the post and would have leaked like a sieve if filled. I am in the process of sending it back. A good one is an excellent bit of kit though.

I know a chemical solvent supplier that has Panel Wipe at £2/litre! A friend of mine has being panel wipe for years, no problem. Watch out when buying panel wipe for its ingredient make up, you don't want to get the wrong type.

Ive got a mate who runs a body shop so im well catered for :)

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
First thing i have bought in ages!

Ridgeline Grizzly EURO

media.nl

and some stuff to make a pot cosy

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
ok here goes the list from the last few days

pair of £30 leather and gortex boots. feel ok, quality is about what you'd expect fro £30 but should do a couple of years of sitting about in woods just fine

cheap head torch, needed one for a while, thought id try a £5 one to start

mini maglite from Gleams on here

folding saw

mora companion 840mg

paracord, waterproof matches, maya dust tinder, 2 ali waterbottles, 3 packs of 'survival' food (rice based breakfast things that sounded yummy), fishing hooks for emergency tin

some of those winter fleece lined crag's

collins pocket guideto british and european trees £4 bargain

and thats 'it', im now banning myself from buying anything else till the end of jan

oh, hang on, 1 last essential woodland camping item, a bottle of morgans spiced

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
x2 pairs of old skis, one pair maybe from the 30s the other pair alot newer (swiss military ones, but same style bindings (kandaha). anyone got advice on where to get wax and pine tar or equivelant? With out tapping the landlords forest ;-)

tar

m

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
A vintage axe from local seller. 1960s and 36" handle. Needs good clean. I have a couple of Fiskars, but fancied a vintage wooden handled one.
Will give a go making some fire woods once it is cleaned up and sharpened.

ScreenShot2013-12-06at224935_zps2f9effa5.png

sam-northwest

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
wigan
In the last week Iv bought

1x army issue water bottle with cup
A trangia Swedish army mess kit
A mora knife
British army issue basha
Belgium army bivi bag
60 ltr rucksack

Only things I'm lacking are sum decent spots and company to enjoy them with :/

Being a woodsman isn't a hobby .. It's a way of life

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Primus-22...491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43c1ce775b

attachment.php

Usually over £20! Bought a Primus Handjet at the car boot for just £1. I added a £2 adapter that allows it to be used with the cheapy 220g 99p camping butane cylinders. Creme Brulee at the NC then and fire lighting will never be a problem again!
:campfire:

Of course I have now spotted these that run off the same gas with no converter and has Piezo ignition. £3.99! :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flamethro...Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item41719eaa71

Attachments

• Primus Handytorch.jpg
    Primus Handytorch.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

Bowlin

Nov 19, 2013
Luton, Bedfordshire
Not today, but last week, I got myself a British Army Arctic Sleeping Bag after reading and watching several reviews. Used it over the weekend....what a fantastic piece of kit, even though it's bulky it was very warm and comfortable.

Can anyone tell me whether there is a better/ improved compression sack for this bag that will help with the pack size?

Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE