What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
ve9ete3a.jpg
Bulin BL100-T4A compact camping stove.

Rugged and durable, of Stainless Steel and Aluminium construction.

One touch - Piezo electric start.

A compact gas stove, that opens to a huge 7 inches diameter yet closed is only 3 1/2 inches.

Incorporates a pre-heat bar to warm the gas prior to burning.
A flexible, 14 inch armoured hose ( incorporating an adjustable flow regulator ) - to the remote gas cannister.

Enables easy set up and adjustment of the gas flow, AWAY from hot pots and the the burner head.

No chance of fingers getting burnt !

Rubberised non-slip feet for grip.

Low profile and wind shoulder ensures a stable flame.

Comes boxed and with a waterproof drawstring storage bag.

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Sorry folks, no scotch eye adapters on the tool stall. I did pick up the bit to go with it for £2 and a rather nice new 1944 cold set for £5

image_zps32f2947b.jpg

i got a few more bits for 50p a pop, and a pack of 50 honing stones for £5. They are 3 1/4 x 3/8 x 5/16 Inch And what looks like "100 gPH" . I thought they would be useful for field use or in mini kits. Any one interested?

I finally picked up the curved surform I was after for 2 quid to restore and use and a rather cute replica Roman oil lamp replica for a pound.

thats all.

atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
After a enjoyable hours fiddling here's the restored curved surform. The paint came off the aluminium in big strips so I decided to clean it all off. Luckily I had a spare blade the right size so I ditched the old rusty one.

image_zps8e7f1b5d.jpg

the lamps filled with olive oil and the wicks 7 inches of laid linen rope. Smokey but quite a lot of light.
patb

tom

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I keep finding them at carboots or charity shops, although I did get one from a stall at a roman reanactors event. The one top right needs the spout hole filing or drilling out to take a bigger wick. Beeswax coating the inside of the unglazed ones really stops the soaking through of the oil.

image_zpsd25769e3.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I keep finding them at carboots or charity shops, although I did get one from a stall at a roman reanactors event. The one top right needs the spout hole filing or drilling out to take a bigger wick. Beeswax coating the inside of the unglazed ones really stops the soaking through of the oil.

image_zpsd25769e3.jpg
Hey Tom, you should post some of them up in the "Show us your Lanterns" thread, we've been discussing lamps.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Cool, you can use it to post up all your toys from the earlier post when they arrive. Things seem to be sweet at the moment:)

Things are going great with the group cheers.
The supplier emailed, they are awaiting stock of the frontier stove and heater, son as they arrive they'll be posted out. Pictures and big grin to follow.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Yeah, all deacs so big paper weights, the Sterlings a 1959 NZ contract gun, the L4A4 s (no way you could tell with out looking at the markings which don't show up) also a NZ contract gun, 1972 and the SLRs a 1960 s Lithgow. There used to be load more, 22 LMGS alone. But my interests changed and I got rid of most of them. I think there's twelve left now plus a mortar and a 3.5 inch Bazooka. I used to do a bit of research at the old Pattern Room. Oddly I've never shot mor than a .22 air rifle in my life. But I digress.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE