What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
A bed roll and some Yak wool socks - as presents to myself. :D

I finally found some on that well known auction site - believe it or not. and I've been looking for ages. They are actually an experiment. I want to know if they have the same warmth to ratio properties of other lightweight materials used for socks; as Yak wool and down are a little bit lighter than knitted lambs wool. But like lambs wool, keep you warm when wet. When I have received and tested them, will let you know how they perform. I have a Yak Wool blanket/throw and it is as lightweight as a medium fleece material. Really soft and warm.

Oct 24, 2011
Just got a plastic sledge( very cheap ) for the coming snow and cold weather better to pull all my kit than carry it. I love bushcrafting in the snow the deeper the better. as not a soul is around. I have the hole world to myself.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Just got a plastic sledge( very cheap ) for the coming snow and cold weather better to pull all my kit than carry it. I love bushcrafting in the snow the deeper the better. as not a soul is around. I have the hole world to myself.
TOTALLY agree. Bring on this so called "awful" weather!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just bought a peanut lighter, a wire keyring, and a tiny spyderco knife for edc. Considering an Exotac nanostriker now...

Also bought a bodywarmer from an online auction site that you've probably never heard of... :rolleyes:

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I was in Tavistock today and on "impulse" bought one of these
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product419.asp
When I say impulse I have been eying them up for a while but it wasn't till I got a wee Gelert stove that I knew I needed one
Funny enough it doesn't work with my Primus Mimer but it all fits with the Gelert and a Coleman solo pan set
I am going lighter for winter this year

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just bought a Pulk shell.

Ice-Blue-top-viewDSC02070.jpg

Ice-Blue-side-view-DSC02068.jpg

Going to have fun now sorting out the harness system and the load fixings.

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire

Can agree with that! I just have to muster up the courage and motivation to sleep out there in snow - so far, I've never done it.

Does anyone group up for bushcraft winter camping?

Miniwhisk

Forager
Apr 7, 2010
Gloucestershire
The bed roll arrived today. Got into a pickle with the buttoning system but eventually made a good bed up. Really like the outer layer as it looks like it will provide quite good protection when it is misty or drizzly.

Still waiting for the Yak wool socks though.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
Exotac nanostriker and new paracord bracelet from the bushcraft store, to make up for the one i "misplaced"!

Striker is good, nice shower of sparks. Takes some practise to get right but thats ok.. nice and light and the perfect size for my edc keychain!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE