My custom tomahawk is now finished!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Finally got round to the (semi) finishing touches on my Cold steel spike hawk. It started life as an ugly factory toy screaming out to be loved!

Sadly it was too fugly, but fear not! I have been known to tinker and restore glory to such creatures! ;)

My original plan has always been to chop the crap spike off and make a hammer poll. Why not buy the frontier hawk? Well, the spike hawk has better lines on the underside!

List of modifications are as follows: remove paint, cut off spike, reprofile, shorten handle top n bottom, add a lanyard tube (broken aluminium crossbow bolt!), grind off the forging marks and polish up the steel. I also used a blow torch to blaken the handle, then I oiled it while still warm!

My photography skills are bad, and my camera is my tablet computer but I think you can see what it looks like!

Hope you like it, I'm rather pleased for now!

Thanks for reading. :)

Samon

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Wow! If I didn't know you as an honest chap I would've said that there was no way there were the same axe. I'm incredibly amazed at how sexy you've made that Hawk. Really am blown away by that Samon really am.

Almost unbelievable work Sir, you must be chuffed?

Cheers for posting that,
GB.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thanks for the kind words! I hadn't expected it to be so popular. :)

I do like it, I also need to order in a bunch of leather as I have a load of sheaths to make.. Lol

I'll weigh the head tomorrow mate, but it is very light due to the thin blade.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE