Sold Reduced - Aaron Gough Custom - Resolute MkIII - Outdoor knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
ITEM:
1 x Aaron Gough Custom - Resolute MkIII

2. CONDITION:
Practiced a few light feather sticks and struck up a ferro rod a few times to get a feel for it and find my sweet spot.
All of which, it does extremely well.
The DLC seemed to shrug it all off effortlessly.

There were some faint ferro rod marks on the spine but i checked back and Aaron had emailed me to confirm it would be residue fouling from the rod and not damage to the DLC.

So I cleaned with come shotgun cleaner that removes lead fouling and it has come up spotless, literally as new condition.

Blade then wiped over with an oil cloth for storage.

3. EXTRAS:
Kydex belt Sheath
Original Box
Birth Certificate
Lanyard

4. LOCATION:
Surrey

5. PRICE:

Purchased new by me direct from the maker
it cost £485 GBP with UK tax and customs etc.

I would hope for a quick-ish sale at
£350.
£290 All in. Incl PPal fees & RMSD.

6. DESCRIPTION:
A crisp clean capable all-rounder outdoor knife.
Custom made in Canada by Aaron Gough

Very comfortable in all grip positions.
With a great all-round use blade shape and good balance.
Ridiculously sharp.

Unfortunately due to another round of Covid in the house I never got to take this camping this summer.

And since then, as my will-power famously has the breaking strain of a kit-kat, i was easily tempted with an opportunity to try a TRC South Pole in Elmax that I also have been very keen to try for a while.
So as usual my wallet only permits 1 out - 1 in, so I can only keep what I intend to use, otherwise I would not be parting with it.

Info from the maker:

“Designed as the ultimate outdoor utility knife, the RESOLUTE® MkIII will handle your hunting and camping tasks with ease. Refined over the course of years, the Resolute MkIII is a high-quality knife with purpose.”

Specifications:
  • Blade material: 5/32" (4mm) thick A2 tool steel, heat-treated to ~62.5HRC
  • Blade finish: Black DLC (Diamond-like Carbon)
  • Handle material: This model - Black G10 handle scales with White liners.
  • Overall length: 9" (229mm)
  • Blade length: 4.25" (108mm)
  • Knife weight: 6.4oz (183 grams) without sheath, 9oz (255 grams) with sheath and belt loop.
  • Sheath: Thermoformed Kydex body (MOLLE compatible) with detachable ambidextrous nylon webbing belt loop.
7. PICTURES
20221007_170955_copy_3483x1505.jpg

20221007_171011_copy_3496x1578.jpg

20221007_171041.jpg

20221007_171126_copy_2724x1667.jpg

IMG-20221007-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Brizzlebush

1996corsa

Sep 1, 2020
cornwall
Hi, i have been a fan of Aaron's for a long time and was surprised to see one up for sale in the UK. can you text me on (Mod removed, not a good idea to post on open forum, I have PM's it to Potatohead though) as i cant seem to PM you on this site.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
A quick final reduction as credit cards are calling
:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE