My custom tomahawk is now finished!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
The spike is hardened I think to the pommel that i left. You can see the hardened steel hamon under the paint and if I recall the steel was just as hard on the hammer poll as it was on the end of the spike. As for weight.. I still have the spike rusting away in my garden so i could weight it for you if I get time. It's not heavy anyway but it probably cut off a hundred grams or more.

Not idea on length of the handle as I swapped it a while back.. But I cut off a few inches so it's that much less than the original, maybe 18"?

Plenty of models to choose from though, the pipe hawk already has a hammer poll as does the trail hawk. (the riflemans hawk is just ugly, too heavy and not really in keeping with the whole idea behind them so I'd avoid it personally)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
There is plenty of room to hammer nails with the back of the lopped spike. And shortening the handle is only a minute with a hacksaw a away. If you want a small, light and smart little belt hatchet I'd say get the trail hawk, as the other heads are very long in the bit and might be somewhat wild during swinging.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE