Tomahawk Modding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Hello All ,
For many years now Ive been interested in anything bushcraft related after first learning some basic skills from about 10 years of age with a farmer and later as a combat survival instructor with the Armed Forces and have also graduated to make my own scandi knives and now only collect different styles of knives more as a hobby although present medical conditions allowing , I will be starting to go out again this week for some overnight bushcrafting . One item that has very recently taken my interest is the use of a Tomahawk within a bushcrafting environment . If anyone cares to look on youtube or various forums there is quite a bit of information regarding modifying the various styles of "Cold Steel" tomahawks (which are not too expensive) and there are some very good examples . With this in mind I have just bought myself a Cold Steel pipe hawk and have started to modify it into my take on what a First Nations tomahawk may have looked like or resembled and so far I think I am making a half decent job of it (photos to follow when finished hopefully) I am not fussed if it is not historically accurate as its just a nice project to be getting on with in retirement.
Just wondering if any forum members have attempted any similar modifying with these tomahawks and if so any photos to see ?

Reactions: Erbswurst

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I modded a Trailhawk a few years ago.

Wayland_Hawk1.jpg

It's one tool I never leave out of my packing list now. Performs well above it's weight.

Reactions: airborne09 and CLEM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE