Dartmoor Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Bugger! I cannot make the 2nd or 3rd July. Sorry all. I'll be in Lisbon for work on the Friday so doubt I will be back in time.

Greg

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I hope to be there...i'll have to check last exam dates! :D

Thanks mate!

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Yup still going with the first weekend in July, I'll give the site a phone next week and see if we can book the far end of the site, otherwise I'll just have to get Leon to sit in the middle sharpening his collection of knives :p

leon-1

Lithril said:
otherwise I'll just have to get Leon to sit in the middle sharpening his collection of knives :p

I was thinking an axe with a slightly wry smile, a glint in my eye and a nice little snarl if people get too close :D

On second thoughts not a good idea, last year as soon as knives and axes came out (for camp work) a host of thousands seemed to descend upon us all asking "can I borrow your axe" :D

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Oh yes indeedy, can't wait now, just getting things packed etc. Actually its probably good that I havent got a car at the moment or I'd be parked outside the gates waiting.... not that I'm impatient ;-)

What time do you think you'll be there??

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
is there any chance of a summery of this thread.. specifically the location! as its looking like this will be the only meet up i will make it to this year!

leon-1

OK, so this is what has been suggested, so the guys that have not been there before know.

Location will be Cockingford Campsite which is approx 2k SSW of Widecombe in the Moor. GR 717750 It's a little campsite with only toilets and showers as facilities and fires are allowed. There's a little stream running nearby and a small wooded area. (This was copied from Falling Rains initial post for the first Meet, thanks Nick for the suggestion on the site :D )

It will be on the Weekend of the 2nd / 3rd of July. You can arrive pretty much anytime you wish. Last time we were based down at the bottom of the 3 fields near the gate, I would suggest heading there this time as it has the best fire pit.

Lithril was looking into seeing if we can get this for our use Pre-Booked so to speak. Any joy Lith :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE