Dartmoor Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Urmmm, we may have a slight problem.... just a little one anyway.... I've just phoned the campsite and its closed until April, when I say closed I mean they're actually keeping cattle on it.

Anyone know of anywhere else in the area that would be open?

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Don't tell me you are going to give up that easy??

Try putting "camping sites dartmoor" into Google and see what comes up.

Don't suppose there will be many, if any, but you could always ask ?? :roll:

If this thing ever gets off the ground I reckon you will have a lot more challenges than this. :biggthump

MickT :wave:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Just been looking in my camping guide to dartmoor.

How about?
BEARA FARM CARAVAN AND CAMPSITE
COLSTON ROAD
BUCKFASTLEIGH
DEVON
TQ11OLW

Tel 01364642234

says its open all year allows BBQs not sure about real fires just got home from bushcrafting so i havent had a chance to tel them.

hootchi

Settler
A word of warning if you are wild camping near kings tor. Foxes can and do steal food!! :rolmao: All kinds- oranges, sandwhiches, cereal bars and (my favourite:eek:):) mars bars. :yikes:

It happened to me once and I had 15 miles the next day to walk on one satsuma. :roll:

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Not any more than that, I'm afraid. The trouble is finding places, as all the small-ones-on-a-farm that we need don't have fancy things like websites or listings in directories. Unless anyone finds anything better I suggest we camp in the grounds of the hostel (no fires, easy to get to) or wild camp on the moor (no fires, harder to get to and less comfy but nicer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE