Dartmoor Meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Just to let anyone who is interested know that there will be a mini gathering over the weekend of 29/30 October.

Location will be Cockingford Campsite which is approx 2k SSW of Widecombe in the Moor. GR 717750.

The campsite has a toilet block with washing facilities.

If anyone has any skills they wish to share or learn, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Obviously there will be a show and tell :D so bring alone those spoons etc

Moduser

leon-1

moduser said:
Just to let anyone who is interested know that there will be a mini gathering over the weekend of 29/30 October.

Location will be Cockingford Campsite which is approx 2k SSW of Widecombe in the Moor. GR 717750.

The campsite has a toilet block with washing facilities.

If anyone has any skills they wish to share or learn, let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Obviously there will be a show and tell :D so bring alone those spoons etc

Moduser

I'll see you there:D

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi Andy,

Not so much a prequel, more like a sequel from the meet earlier this year.

As it's half term the week leading up to the weekend I'm thinking of coming down on the Friday; 1 to try and secure the bottem of the site and also to get the fire going :D

David

leon-1

David if I am not working then I will also try to get up on Friday.

Andy yes it is the same place as the Dartmoor Christmas meet, some of us have been planning to meet up since that last Dartmoor meet (the first Dartmoor Meet was arranged by Falling Rain about a year and a half ago and we have tried to maintain that as an annual thing, but decided that we wanted to meet again in the year).

Obviously it is open to anyone that can make it (as are all meets) and the usual things will take place (skill sharing, comparison of items of kit, chin wagging and generally having a laugh).:D

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
moduser said:
Hi Andy,

Not so much a prequel, more like a sequel from the meet earlier this year.

As it's half term the week leading up to the weekend I'm thinking of coming down on the Friday; 1 to try and secure the bottem of the site and also to get the fire going :D

David
Oho. Since I do college now, that must affect me. Plus I plan to get a decent bit of walking in with mates (we're doing the ten tors 55 again :D ) around then so it looks good that I can make it. May be down on the Friday then folks :cool:

Aug 15, 2005
Dartmoor
Too close to ignore - I'de like to come along and meet some new faces. Is there anything I should bring (to share I mean) food? Do we do our own thing or all chip in?

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Borneo Wildman,

Your very welcome.

People bring their own food. Last time we had made a couple of communal meals with contributions from everyone.

Just a point to mention, there are no suitable hammock or bivi points so bring a tent :(

david

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Just been given the go ahead from SWMBO so will hopefully makeit down on the friday if thats ok .
Two questions though
1. Is it ok to bring the pup ?
2. Please can i have some directions ?

Off to buy a sleeping bag , just found out the kids have destroyed my old one .
Cheers
Pumbaa

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Meant to reply earlier, i wish i could amke it down but thats my anniversary weekend and although i tried to persuade swmbo to come down too she was having none of it. Anyway hope to meet you all at the christmas one :D

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I live about 5 miles east of Dorchester , Or for those with a good military knowledge 2 miles from Bovington .
Will have an empty car so no problems if some one wants a lift .
Cheers
Pumbaa

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Here's a question for anyone attending the meet.

Does anyone have a large (at least 3 X 4 ft) BBQ grill or similar they can bring.

The chicken wire that was used last time was a great improvisation but I'm sure we can do better.

If not I'll go shopping and see what I can find.

Moduser

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE