Dartmoor Meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
A big thank you to all you guys that came along :You_Rock_ We had everything - great weather :umbrella: which got greater as the night went on :Thinkingo , fab food (cheeers chef Dave), superb company :beerchug: and a lot of laughs.
Thanks again to you all.
Neil
PS - remember to put all your pic's up Pete

leon-1

falling rain said:
Sorry I couldn't make this one folks.
By the way there are definately fish in the river by the campsite - small trout which I saw last time I was there for Widecombe fair.
You'll all be at the site as I write this. so I hope it went well. really looking forward to the Xmas meet up which is only 7 weeks away :red: :)

Shame you didn't make it Nick, I'll see you in December (bring waders, you may need them).

A quick echo of Neil1 in saying thanks to all that came along it was great to meet you (in some cases good to see you again) and hope to see you again when we can get another sorted out.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
A big thanks to those who organised this meet :You_Rock_
Me and the bacon hunter had a real good time , and learnt a bit too (like how to catch a bacon butty !!).
It was good to see the faces behind the names .
Cheers guys , for a cracking weekend

Pumbaa and Cody

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Cheers guys really great weekend with a really great bunch of people :You_Rock_
As soon as I've worked it out there'll be some pics :D
Got a really good pic of the BACON HUNTER!!!!?LOL

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Huge Thanks to all you guys at the meet in the moat, Kieren (fire raiser) and myself had a great time, despite me falling in the fire, oops. Making fire for the first time with a bow drill was a real eye opener. Also I never realised that wild food could taste so good, the biltong stir fry was delicious, and those chestnuts,mmmmmm. Pleasure to meet you all and thanks again. Off to go and have another scrub.................Jon

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Thanks for a great, though soggy weekend.

I would especially like to thanks Clipper for the Orgasmic Tomato & Basil Soup :lmao: :lmao: (truely ingenius).

Good to meet a lot of new faces.

My lad and his friend thougherly enjoyed themselves and look forward to the next meet.

Congrats to Jon for his first sucess with fire by friction.

And thanks to Neil-1 for his knowledge ability to convey it on the wild food walk.

Now I just need to figure out a better way of installing a group shelter at the Widecomb site, my eyes are still bloodshot from all that smoke :D

Moduser

Nettles

Oct 24, 2005
Devon
Well just to echo what everyone has writen about the meet over the weekend and to say what a great time I had.

Hopefully next time I wont have to leave so early in the morning.

With company as open and freindly as that along with some food and drink thrown in for good measure the weather wasnt even an issue infact for me made more of a great experience. Better than looking out the window seeing it rain and not going out at all! I learnt alot, but now more eager to learn even more.

To all those involved a big thankyou for the weekend and the laughs hope to meet up again.

Anyway hope drying and cleaning your gear isnt a hassle, for me its has been a fond reminder of a great time.

Nettles (rob).

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Dave, it was a pleasure to meet you at last (it may have inspired me enough to do a tutorial on modifying the LK35!).
Rob, it was brill having you along, glad you got something out of it and hope to see you on many more.
Next time I'll plan a little more, instead of doing it "off-the-cuff".
Neil
PS - remember - a blankets for life, not just for sleeping under! ;)

Nettles

Oct 24, 2005
Devon
Well neil1 you may say that what you showed us was off the cuff but for me it was true bush craft and working with what you had in your natural enviroment.

So in my eyes job well done and I learnt a lot from all of you guys.

Neil1 mabe next time your out in scotland it might be worth ringing your bro to find out where he is (he might be right round the corner).

Leon maybe next time your in scotlandland it might be worth looking behind you....!

Again thanks guys and if you are doing anything down this way please drop me a line I would be greatfull of the chance to practise and learn.

nettles.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Nettles, next time I see you I owe you £1. The farmer didn't have change so it was a case of buy four get one free :D

Neil, A tutorial on the LK35 harness would be great. Once mine is as comfy to wear as yours I'll probably end up saving the Sabre for week long trips and just use the LK35 for weekends. Wonderfull ;)

Nettles

Oct 24, 2005
Devon
Leon anytime you want to get out and about give me a shout and thats for greg also (is was greg right?). If im able to go ill come and pick you guys up also ill look further into that rail trip and ill forward you what I find. that goes for Neil also...

Sorry I didnt wake you in the morning Leon but you sounded like you were sleeping quite soundly and I am optamistic at meeting with you again soon.

In the mean time if you guys have any outings that I would be able to join you on please give me a shout as I apreciate good company anytime.

Moduser yea I want you to send me the pound in the post.....
Dont worry about it, I got more than a pounds worth out of the weekend, put it towards somthing (bar of soap maybe...). Great to meet you also and I hope to see you in the future also.

Nettles.

leon-1

Rob stay in touch and if your around the area drop me a PM.

If Neil, Greg or I come up with anything I will drop you a PM to let you know in advance.

moduser must be smelling somewhat like a Pizza or a Bolognese if he using that soap:lmao:

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
Just wanted to say more or less the same as everyone else, was reallly nice to meet (and renew old friendships) with such a decent and friendly bunch of people.

Hope your car is okay Neil.

Rob, was good to meet you, we'll see you when another wander is organised...

Greg

Nettles

Oct 24, 2005
Devon
Thanks Greg sorry I called you glen but it was likewise nice to meet you and im looking forward to the next venture.

Moduser thanks for the insight on the nettle cordage and how it can be applied in fact everyone had there own sugestions and contributions to my weekend a big thanks to the lot of you. Hope to see you all again and maybe one day I may be able to return the favour.... (anything is possiable).

Wayne glad to see you had a safe trip and wish you the best of luck with your venture and your contribution to bushcraft.

Nettles.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Sounds like you guys all had a good time, hope to meet some of you down there in decemeber.

By the way - whats this about modusers hygine and tomato and basil soup/soap? Or is it the case of what happens at the meet stays at the meet? :lmao: :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE