Dartmoor Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakunen

Native
Really looking forward to this...especially as my "can't do without my hotel luxuries" girlfriend has asked to come along too!

Means there will be one young kid in the group hope you don't mind folks, (ok, before anyone gets that one in, yes I know I'm a big kid too...), but he is well behaved so shouldn't be a problem.

Just need to get her a campbed and the little one a kiddy bag...

Can't weight for one of 'those steaks'... <get Kleenex to wipe drool of keyboard>

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Does she need a tent Jak? I know you've got that NEC purchased one, but I could offer the one I used at the Meet - nice a and roomy!

BTW (off topic) : I've got an interview for that Job I was going for in Aldershot/Farnborough

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Right, i've written it on my hand to tell my pa. Aeverytime i speak to him i forget :rolleyes:.

Isn't ashdown on the 7th? Or am i completely confused?

:D

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
We can pick you up at a push although it'll be a squeeze as we're down to the fiesta at the moment, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem, may just have to leave a couple of cans behind :p

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Womble said:
"may just have to leave a couple of cans behind :p"

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

(I'll just have to bring along some spiced cider then....)

Well if you must, I mean I'd have to force myself but then if you insist...

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
As a rookie to the group could someone give me an idea to what i would be letting myself in for? is there a write up of a previous escapade?

Would i need to do much more than turn up?
do most use tents or are there trees for hammocks etc?
what is the view on bringing dogs along?
could i just come along for a day?

and a heap of other questions but then thats what i used to get told off for at scool so ill leave it at that in case Mr. Lavington is a subscriber too ;)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
There is another link the meetups thread for the last meet we had. The actual site is a campsite so it'll be tents only I'm afraid, but the best news is its cheap (£2.50 a night last year) theres shower blocks and toilet blocks and we're allowed open fires next to the river.

As for what your letting yourself in for, basically a weekend of relaxing, practice andyskills you want to, with some (albeit not expert) help from others. Last year we went for a wander for a day and ended up going for a swim in the Dart, but again theres no pressure to do anything - apart from enjoy yourself ;-)

The weekend is very informal and dogs are allowed on the site, yup turning up for a days is fine but us.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Lithril said:
We can pick you up at a push although it'll be a squeeze as we're down to the fiesta at the moment, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem, may just have to leave a couple of cans behind :p
Thanks Matt, great stuff :D You might end up with a nice surprise anyway as my best mate does own a small brewery :D :cool:

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I hope to make it down, possibly bring my son (15yrs and well behaved :D ).

Looking forward to it as it will be my first BCUK event and apart from Womble I've yet to meet any of the rest of you.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Just phoned the site and its not possible to book as its basically a case of camp where you can, so we're just going to have to try and get there see if the same spots available.

leon-1

OK, Guys I will try to be there beforehand to keep the hordes at bay :D I'll either try for the Thursday from midday or Friday morning to beat the rush which should mean that in three weeks time I will be on the Moor awaiting anyone who wants to come down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE