Dartmoor Christmas gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Sorry to say the bacon hunter and i cant make this one , so your bacon should be safe !!
I will be doing my Kickboxing grading for my red belt .
Only a couple more and i can start competing !! :D
Pumbaa

leon-1

Having just posted the other day to say that I will be there something has cropped up (computers will be the death of me I am sure) that cannot be avoided (not happy).

I will try and get there ASP, but may not get there now untill Saturday.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I can't make it either got to get the turkey for christmas dinner sorted and lots of other local food goodies hope you all have a good one

James

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well after all the initial interest, three of us (yes three of us) managed to get to the campsite, but were we detered from having fun........Oh no, we had a great time, the weather was superb with clear skys (no rain). It was cold at night, going down to minus 3, but we were kept warm with the home made mulled wine in us. We had some good walks including a night ramble through the woods and a trip to the top of a tor, and some good chatter by the fire. It was good to meet you Andy and Paul and thanks for a great weekend.............Jon
dsc01223large0xc.jpg

Getting the fire going with the frying pan tecnique.
dsc01224large6ol.jpg

Getting the fire wood in.
dsc01235large3en.jpg

Mulled wine by open fire, Mmmmmmmmmmmm
dsc01237large0mj.jpg

Keeping warm by the fire.
mrmoonlarge2hm.jpg

The moon was bright.
dsc01241large3nm.jpg

Freezing fog in the morning.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Good to know you got home saftely Jon, was great to meet you, pictures looks excellent, the moon shot came out really well. If you drop me a PM with your address i'll send you a cd with all my shots on of the weekend.

As to the rest of you drop outs....neer neer neer...coz while you were all sat inside doing nothing we were having a great time.

As Jon said..we popped up to Haytor rocks and had a bit of a ramble around, night walk through the woods and general chatter throughout the weekend. Weather was especially kind to us and we were fortunate enough not to get even a spot of rain.

My bro and I both fell asleep around the fire last night and woke up close to 1am then had to stumble off to our cold sleeping bags. God knows why we didnt just stay there all night.

Anyway will host some of my pictures after a nice long bath :D

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Andy from the images you look as if you had a good time.

I am amazed after reading through the thread seeing all the interest that only three of you had turned up.

Dartmoor is a stunning location.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Yeah it was dissapointing the turn-up, we were hoping to all chip in and get the guy that owns the place a nice bottle of something for christmas, but would have been quite an expensive "chip-in" between just the three of us. :rolleyes:

Anyway - here are some of my pics.

DARTMOOR1.JPG

The breakfast fry-up

DARTMOOR2.JPG

The rouge wood collection agency hard at work

DARTMOOR3.JPG

On top of the world...Well 433 metres up, after some verbal debate with the GPS system

DARTMOOR4.JPG

Jon demonstrating the sharpening power of the spyderco

DARTMOOR5.JPG

The glory of a cold and misty morning. Beautiful

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Glad you had a good one guys .
Would have loved to have been able to make it too .
There is allways next time
Pumbaa

leon-1

Guys my apologies, thing swent totally pearshaped for me at the last minute, I won't go into details, but it was serious enough that I would not even be able to visit family at the time.

The next time we have one I do hope to see you and Jon we will discuss cameras / Huntleys (possibly Sue and Barry) and the like for a while:D

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Sorry guys, I had everything packed in the car ready to go, family issues stopped me coming down Friday night, then on Saturday the lock on the front door decided to self destruct so that needed replacing... which was going well until the door itself started falling apart! Needless to say I was rather miffed, and had to just unpack everything... gutted.

Glad you had a good time, its a fantastic location.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE