Dartmoor Christmas gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
andyn said:
Falling rain, if there is a 15 person limit on this and there are more people wanting to go than that please remove my bruv from list as it should obviously be open to BCUK first. Just thought i'd offer that rather than anyone miss out.

Cheers.

Only 6 weeks now WOOHOO.

Hi andyn
you and your bruv got in first mate thats not a problem for me, there's always another meet, :)

Nettles

Oct 24, 2005
Devon
Well like everyone said it was a great meet the other day and if I am able would love to join you guys again on dartmoor. The fishing idea sounds great and I would be well up for that.

If the meet is full and there is no places left not to fear.
I have a car and I live local so I would be able to pop up to catch up with you guys again at least and proberly join you on the beach trip.

nettles

Nettles

Oct 24, 2005
Devon
Oh for the fishing trip will nettle cordage work with thorns or may be we could try it out???

ohh naturel...

nettles

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
There's been a lot of interest for this meet-up so I'm going to give the chap a call again and see if he's OK with a few more of us going. I said 15 originally because he asked me how many I expected to come down and I said I guessed around 15 which he agreed to. I didn't realise so many would want to come along. Leave it with me and and I'll post again after I've contacted him

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Righty.
I called the chap at the campsite again and he's fine with more people coming down, but he re-itterated that we should tuck ourselves down in the corner and please be as unobtrusive as possible. I assured him we're all sensible folk and there will be no problems.......... so everyone welcome. :D As usual with these things some folks can't make it as the time gets near, but those who can it should be good.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
falling rain said:
Righty.
I called the chap at the campsite again and he's fine with more people coming down, but he re-itterated that we should tuck ourselves down in the corner and please be as unobtrusive as possible. I assured him we're all sensible folk and there will be no problems.......... so everyone welcome. :D As usual with these things some folks can't make it as the time gets near, but those who can it should be good.

Looks like Christmas has come early :D well done :You_Rock_

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Unfortunately I'm no longer able to make the meet-up. My son is running in a X-country competition in Nottinghamshire on the 10th December and needs me to drive him there :( so parental duty has put the mockers on this one for me I'm afraid. :censored:
It's all agreed with the owner though, so if people still want to go down I'm sure there won't be a problem. It's just me that can't make it. My lad takes his running very seriously and I can't let him down. Sorry folks :(
I hope you all have a good time and I'm hoping we can have another one down there in the new year.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post phone numbers on here or not, even though it's a campsite number but if someone wants to take over the mantle I'll happily PM the number for the campsite

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Wayne said:
On the same sad note i will not be able to make this meet.

Hope you all have a great time that can make it.

Falling Rain hope your son does well in the race.

Thanks very much Wayne. I'm sure he will. I'll pass your wishes on. He remembers you from the last Dartmoor meet we went on, (talking martial arts)and is still very much into his Ju Jitsu too He's a very good X-country runner and runs for the county and really loves competition and getting filthy ..............That's my boy :beerchug:

greg2935

Nomad
Oct 27, 2004
Exeter
I won't be there I'm sorry to say, have too much work related stuff to do, hope you all have a good time

Greg

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Hiya

I'm sorry to say that I'm not coming either. :( I've got an event I'm going to the following weekend up in the midlands and would rather not be driving for both weekends. Also work committments mean that getting time off is currently proving... interesting (we've got a publication that needs a desperate final proof-reading before it goes to be laid out, and the deadline is next Friday...)

I'm really sorry Nick & co, and I hope you all have a really good time*!

John

*at least you know there'll be one less snore monster for the chorus...

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Come on guys! A bit of enthusiasum here.

Is it only Jon and I still going?

Are we still going to all chip in for a bottle of christmas cheer for the guy whos letting us use his campsite?

Are we still going to go fishing somewhere?

We shouldnt let all of Nicks planning to go to waste!

My brother and I should both be there at about 11-12am on the Friday. Anyone else going to be around then???

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'm going, missed the last one so can't wait. Roll on next weekend, just need to make sure that I have all my lessons planned for the following week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE