Norwich and Norfolk group new thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi sadly this easter has been ruined by the passing of my wifes grampy and hospitalisation of her other grampy and mother so the family has spent most of last week or so traveling to visit family we have the funeral this thursday we may have to stay till friday i'll have to see how things are....:(
by the way my bushcraft demo (dunston woods) went well and they want me to do some more stuff! (cool!)

the comming weekend is looking dodgy for the family but i'll check and get back to you.

Jay-Jay

May 11, 2006
Thetford
Hi guys, What's everybody up to? Have you been out yet? Camping even! I bet Kev has, and i still think about the first time i had pigeon :rolleyes:

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:( pah, ongoing problems:(

since easter my wifes family have been having problems again, another grandfather in hospital, and her mum has been ill, ontop of that my son had D and V so i've had to look after him all week without a car.

its' probably best if i stand down from leading organising the group as the situation could go on some time. I'll still try to contribute as much as i can to the group.

I'm sorry and i hope you all understand:eek:
(i realise my organising skills have been very bad for an extended period).

please feel free to organise meets without me but tell everyone anyway and i'll come along if i can.:You_Rock_

Cheers
Rich

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Hi Guys
Still keeping tabs on the thread but have been spending my time gearing up for the TGO Challenge since Christmas. Will be backpacking from Mallaig on the West coast of Scotland to Stonehaven on the East for two weeks during May. Have been concentrating on cutting down my gear weight and testing various bits and pieces. This included more experimenting with homemade stoves etc. Am now happy to use a homebuilt Pepsi can stove for the trip which weighs well under an ounce ! Will be using a single skin tent and a bivvy bag for the crossing.

In case you're interested I have also been working on a home made version of the BushBuddy stove and am pleased with the final results. I hope to take some photos and put together some instructions for building one when I return from the Challenge.

What else ? - oh yeah - tapped a Birch for some sap last week - first time. Very refreshing and surprising cold. Had to dig up my lovely patch of Lesser Celandine from the garden last week in order to put up a donated summerhouse so I've missed roasting them this year.

Jay-Jay - got a Pheasy in the freezer at the moment - will save this in case we can meet up again !
Hope to meet again this summer.

PS - Rich - sorry to hear you've got problems mate. Hope things start smoothing out soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE