Dartmoor Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
You could always try pitching it over the river, just make sure you don't wake up half asleep. To be quite honest I can't remember, if all else fails I'm sure we can rig up something with a couple sticks and a tarp in true bushcraft style.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I'll be travelling down on Saturday Morning (fairly early start - hope to be there for between 9-9:30).

If anyone needs transport there and back and are near Farnborough, Hants, drop me a PM.

It looks like my son won't be coming so I can fit an 2-3 people and kit.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Cool. Not a bad idea actually.

I wonder if I can get some time off work. I'll have to investigate that.

Obviously if I change my plans I'll post incase people may prefer a lift on Friday :)

leon-1

Unless it is a firebow probably not, as far as I am aware, there is nowhere to pratice the William Tell skills for quite a way :) .

The closest place and I am not definite on this may be The River Dart Adventure Park and there are no gaurentees on that. :(

I'll see if we can find somewhere for the next time we meet, but don't expect too much on the Moor as most of it is national trust or nature conservation ground :)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I'm not going to be able take Chris (Arctic Hobo) as we're going to be stuck with the fiesta, would you be able to pick him up on the way through, lives near Sidmouth if you're going that way?

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
That shouldn't be a problem. Normally I'd come down through Exeter and so only a minor detour.

Chris (Artic Hobo) drop me a PM and I'll give you my work phone number etc .

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
mmmmmmmm swimming, we'll definately be there, probably won't be down till the evening as Sam can't get the day off... oh well gives me more time to find out just how much kit can be fitted into a fiesta.......

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Hey all, im new to these forums and live within a stones throw of dartmoor! Is anybody welcome to this meet or is it more for folk that have been regular here for sometime ? (Am I welcome basically lol ! )

I was actually on the hunt for a campsite which allows open fires on dartmoor so I know one now..shall have to get the map out and pin point it! Anyway, i'm unsure if I can make it, but first let me know if im welcome!? If so it would be grand to meet up with some like minded souls

Booosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE