Dartmoor Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jakunen

Native
Yeah, can't wait for the next one, where-ever it may be.
Really got the bug.
Speaking of which... found three ticks on my arms when I got home. one big bugger and 2 tiny ones. All of them managed to miss any blood vessels completely and sank there teeth into the fleshy/fatty bit...

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Glad we all had fun. I want to especially say a big thank you to Tom :super: who lives on Dartmoor and took the trouble to spend the day with us and show us some top spots. The swim was excellent and very refreshing (bloody Cold) A certain cure for a hangover. It was nice to meet you all and my lad James enjoyed it to.
Womble and Lithril try and get some Piccies posted if you can...Thanks

Cheers

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
I haven't anywhere to post them so they can be linked to here (although that may change soon), I should be able to send off a zipped file of some of the choice shots - as soon as I download them from my camera!

Falling: I've had a look for a copy of Gerrards Herbal on the net - there are some sites that quote extensivley from it; and Amazon have a copy available for sale - only 40-odd quid!

I second the thanks to Tom; I may have come over sounding a bit whingy at the time - for which I apologise - but I thoroughly (and I mean THOROUGHLY!) enjoyed Saturdays walk. It was nice for me to see that I was capable of doing more than I thought.

jakunen

Native
I'll second that second about Tom and heartily agree about being able to do more than I thought.
In January that walk would have killed me, being an unfit ashtmatic. Just goes to show what walking the station, rather than getting a bus, can do to start you back on the road to fitness. Me calves did ache Monday/Tuesday though...

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
send me as many of the pics as you can and I'll get them posted, I've got a few gooduns too that'll get up as soon as I get chance.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
I need to say a big thank you to Tom as well.

For those who missed the weekend Tom is a top bloke, very knowledgeable and brings the beauty of dartmoor to life. It would be a pleasure to tramp the wilds again sometime.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi All,

Very enjoyable weekend. Good site, Good walks and Good company.

Yep, the water was definitely a shock to the system, but very refreshing.

look forward to doing it again, but without the ticks.

Wayne, did you get round to making the fire bow set?

ATB
Nigel

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Ok heres a few Pics to keep you going:

Jakunen

IMG_1632.jpg

Trout for dinner anyone?

IMG_1633.jpg

Jakunen & Wayne

IMG_1638.jpg

Ok if you're squeamish don't look any further....

IMG_1642.jpg

Part of the River Dart we were walking along

IMG_1637.jpg

And the view near the end of our walk

IMG_1644.jpg

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
A fine body of men if ever I saw one. !! I think (looking at the state of some of those bodies) it's fair to say we havn't exactly been surviving on Ground up worms recently have we !! ? :oops:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Wow I'm sorry I missed it (apart from the swiming picture :shock: )

It was SHMBO's birthday on the Saturday so life wouldn't have been worth living if I'd gone :yikes:

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE