Dartmoor Meetup - Archive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
This was my first BCUK meet and what a great time.

Leon, Chris, John, Matt, Sam, Tim and Jill were very welcoming and I felt at home instantly.

Very nice little camp site, the river tumbling along beside it made it extra special.

Thanks to everyone. I look forward to the next meet.

David

leon-1

Well I had a good time :D

Got there on Thursday afternoon/night, got a good fire going Friday morning

firegoing2aw.jpg

When people arrived we had the kettle on (so to speak)

kettleon4lo.jpg

The first day was spent getting to know each other (for those that didn't) and setting up home for the next couple of days. Collection of standing deadwood and the usual passaround of items of kit ensued as is quite normal :D before a night around the campfire with a small libation and our food :) .

The next day we went for a wander, these are veiws of the guys sat on Graytor rocks from Haytor.

ongraytor6ej.jpg

ongraytor26tz.jpg

We had a good wander round went into our favourite farm shop to get supplies for what may actually have to be made tradition of flame grilled steak if it continues (and long may it), this is moduser doing a sterling job as chef

muaschef2jj.jpg

I think we all would like to thank lithril and moduser for the meal on the last night and breakfast the next morning, cheers guys it was spot on.

This is the group the next day before we went our seperate ways

themeet1jz.jpg

This is the group left to right we are;leon-1, lithril, lithrils bird, moduser, Womble, luxorone, Jill and arctic hobo :)

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Cheers everyone for the weekend, had a cracking time, Sam and I got back Tuesday as the weather was meant to turn urmm slightly wet on the Wednesday. Good to meet Dave, Tim and Jill for the first time and hopefully see you all at MM, if not then I'm sure we can organise another meet later this year.

Still not sure what the owner of the Tea Rooms thought though with us walking in though... and then the little ol lady... " are you from Australia" :p

Hope you're all well and we'll see you all soon

Matt and Sam

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi Matt, welcome back to the real world :( I confess for a first meet I honestly don't think I could have picked a better one. Fantastic.

Hope you and Sam had a pleasent couple of extra days.

Also I've been thinking a bit more about the "special project" ;) and have a few other thoughts about the hoops etc.

We'll have a chat about it over that pint of Tea soon.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
My last day in my current job is on the 1st September so wouldn't mind doing a meetup before I start Uni, is anyone around on the weekend of the 3rd & 4th September??

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Oops, sorry didn't realise, I'll have to have a rethink because I'm pretty sure that the course starts on the 12th so I probably shouldn't be away then, I'll have a look later and find out for certain. Saying that due to saving funds I probably won't be going to the WG anyway this year.

leon-1

moduser said:
A meet up would be great. Open to suggestions :D

Definately going to Wales now so see you there I hope.

Good to hear you will be at MM, I will see what we can come up with over the next couple of weeks as far as Dartmoor is concerned.

Obviously I'll see if we can get some of that mead again :D

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
K exact dates to follow, but I think that September is now going to be totally out for me (starting Uni). I know I've got a week off in October for half term and although I'll have some coursework to do I can get away for a weekend.(I'm going to need the break by then). So anyone else is up for it I'll check out the dates that I'm going to be off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE