What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
It depends on personal choice really... and a CMP-S30V blade for 60 squid :rolleyes:

Not yet, but I'm starting to struggle!

2010-12-25114810_edit0.jpg

you know you want it..... lol

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Bought an Opinel #8. Got it in France so cheaper than I could see from a cursory Internet search in the UK (about £8). Very stiff to open but seems sharp enough & I've always liked their honest functionality

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
stick it on a radiator for an hour or so, it will dry out and loosen up a lot :)

the traditional way to open these is to hold it between finger and thumb by the metal end with the closed blade facing down, then sharply tap the other end of the handle ( the swell / ramp bit just by the blade tip ) on a hard surface ( use the heel of your shoe to look cool :) ) this will expose the blade enough to get a good grip on it.

hope that helps

Last edited:

Woodcutter2

Forager
Jul 31, 2011
Conyer, Kent
www.tpknives.com
stick it on a radiator for an hour or so, it will dry out and loosen up a lot :)

the traditional way to open these is to hold it between finger and thumb by the metal end with the closed blade facing down, then sharply tap the other end of the handle ( the swell / ramp bit just by the blade tip ) on a hard surface ( use the heel of your shoe to look cool :) ) this will expose the blade enough to get a good grip on it.

hope that helps

Lock it off and then run the last 35mm (tip) of the spine down the belt grinder to give it a lovely drop point profile:bandit:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Thanks, guys, tried that tip Robbi & it works a treat, very cool.

Hadn't noticed it's more of a Bowie profile blade but don't think I'll drop the point just yet - excuse the pun but I can't see the point?

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
I accidentally purchased a new axe:rolleyes: I didn't mean too honest:dunno:

I was at the European Woodworking Show at Cressing barns (Near Braintree, Essex)

Lots of nice things going on, but there was a guy doing axe displays. And next door they were selling Gransfor Bruks axes.

They were just calling out to me, I couldn't decide between 2 of them. I thought I was free, but the resident expert was called in to help me decide:p

So I've come away with the Scandinavian Forest Axe, and managed to get the price down to
:bigok:£55

Last edited:

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
was a good day out, lots of good names there.

Most memorable was Richard Head:lmao: Can't remember what he was making, just the name

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
got a hair cut and then went to cabela's on friday and put money down on my lay-a-way 92f berreta...saturday went to sportsman warehouse got some 550 cord and stocked up on esbit tablets...also got a trama kit with celox,izzy bandage, gloves,and roll bandge at the gun club....vince g. 11B Inf...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE