What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
bottle of linseed oil from a local diy shop for my knife scales, should do a nice job! cheap too £4.70 for 500ml

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
All our vending machines went up a couple of weeks ago, 65p for a Mars, 70p for the smallest packet of Minstrels you've ever seen, you're lucky if you get a dozen in a packet. I used to enjoy the odd KitKat with a coffee in the morning, they're 60p now so I don't bother. It might not sound like much but if I snack a couple of times a day it can easily come to £2-3, over a month that's over £50 or how about £600 a year :yikes:

Yeah...I'd try smoking mate...keeps the appetite in check and you'll stay thin! ;)

(just kidding kids..don't smoke)

Sack

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
A decent saddle for my bike:
IMG_0520_500.jpg

Got it at half the RRP, cheapest I've seen anywhere, so can't complain :)

Blimey Lasse...what kind of bike is it that features a tractor seat? ;)

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
All our vending machines went up a couple of weeks ago, 65p for a Mars, 70p for the smallest packet of Minstrels you've ever seen, you're lucky if you get a dozen in a packet. I used to enjoy the odd KitKat with a coffee in the morning, they're 60p now so I don't bother. It might not sound like much but if I snack a couple of times a day it can easily come to £2-3, over a month that's over £50 or how about £600 a year :yikes:

thats nothing mate i work part time for a convience sainsburys shop in harrogate and a bottle of 500ml coke is £1.30 a 2l bottle is £2+ (but its not in the "buy quick" area) its unbeliveable what people spend everyday! the same people everyday spend £10 or so on the smallest amounts of food! we stock 2 "basics" products. i beleive we are the most expensive sainsburys outside of london...

even with 10% staff discount nobody i work with shops here!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I also got a 10 pack of Stanley blades, 4 wall brackets, new hand saw and a sheet of wood board..and some food from gregs :)

Biker

Some razor blades like these

Double_edge_shaving_razor_blades_1_Gif.gif

€1.53 (about £1.20) for a pack of 12.

These are for a razor I bought at a boot fair last weekend which I cleaned up to good as new. I was warned into rip my face to ribbons, but I shaved using it today and it worked fine, just required a slightly different way of holding the handle in relation to your face. Well pleased with it.

Just sick and tired of coughing up multiple pounds (or euros) for Gillette Sensor, Pulsar, Quattro or whatever go-faster name they seem to tag on these over-priced wallet emptiers.

scumble

Apr 30, 2011
Sussex
Picked up a new pouch to keep my firekit in, if it gets any bigger it'll be a daypack ;)
and while in TK Maxx looking for a step stool for the campervan spotted some pretty cool looking EMSA flasks so got a 0.5l in drab olive green for £3 and a 0.7l in normal shiny finish for £4 :red:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE