What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
My Fenix LD01 arrived today.

IMG_8758.jpg

Already have the Black one for work, so i thought i'd try the stainless steel version.

IMG_8761.jpg

It's very very slightly brighter than the standard (black) version, a noggin heavier and the bell is pretty damn tight compared to the pretty loose standard version.
I'm happy with it so far, but i wouldn't bother buying the SS version again if only for the fact that it's around 3 times the weight of the standard version.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Today I bought a 5.11 pro shirt (khaki) and a tin of zippo lighter fuel for my zippo hand warmer (I like to plan ahead!).

The shirt came with a free 5.11 wallet and baseball cap (my boy can have the hat!).

ATB, Jon.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Yesterday I bought the hinges I rivetted on the base of my hobo stove to make it more stable. (See hobo stove thread for the completed job.)

I also bought a really smart looking shoulder bag made of green canvass and leather-lined with a nice fat leather shoulder strap, very Indiana Jones looking. I'm hoping this will be the bag to end all bags as a possibles bag for me.

I almost got THIS ITEM on ebay USA, but was outbid by a few cents. Would have been sweet planing leather with a tool like that when sheath/pouch making. Perhaps it's just as well the postage he wanted from US of A was more than the item would have cost. Also I did buy a tool that could do just the same job a couple of weeks ago, it'll just need tweaking to fit a decent depth guide on it.

All in all a rather enjoyable Sunday.

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
2 pairs of bamboo socks (they are amazingly comfy) from the smallholders show at Builth Wells. Unfortunately I made the mistake of taking my wife, and she had a death grip on the money, so that was all I bought. Would have been a lot more if I had been on my own.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Ran a search on ebay for big press studs (like you see on leather jackets) and couldn't believe my luck finding 10 for £1.75, so I bought 30. So after I paid for them, feeling rather smug I might add for such a bargan I then realised all I'd bought was the caps. D'oh!

So I searched the rest of ebay and bought the other 3 parts to make up a press stud. Ask me how stupid I felt? Of course I had to buy 30 each of those parts as well.

Anyway £20 worth of press studs will be wending their way to my mate's house for collection in July some time, or posted to me.

Still feeling like a numpty for having paid for the item before reading the fine print. Lesson learnt there methinks. Off to give myself a good kick up the ar$e now. I so deserve it.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
12 months car road tax £215. Fecking daylight robbery.

Wouldn’t mind if it was value for money but Southampton roads have more potholes than tarmac.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
12 esbit tabs
1 x tick picks from Ozom
1 x Lifesystems trek FAK
1 x Petzl E-lite

All from Lakeland Bushcraft for a bargain

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
1 x Rab Storm Bivvy for £35 from Rock+Run. Going to collect friday. I missed the Cotswolds £35 offer with free delivery so resorted to the same price but have to collect which is only 10 minutes away, saves best part of £3.95 carriage (less diesel for 6-7 miles).

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BMC map for an area of Scotland I inted to visit soon.
Nordsik esbit stove - 11g!!!
new silva compass

Got 10% off for BMC membership too!!!! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE