What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Lovely looking puppy Wayne :)

Way too cute, not going to let the Boss or Daughter see that piccie. Although I am struggling to think of a cross that would produce a more mental animal, possibly genetically engineer
in some hyperactive hummingbird?

Try a Salinger... :rolleyes: Aka Saluki Springer X or a springer on speed :lmao:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Salinger, eh? That's a new one on me - but she(?) looks a really attractive dog indeed.................Funny how Springers seem to be the new favourite for outcrossing these days; but then they are god's canine gift to the world, eh? ....................... Great picture, Mesquite!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
just call me Dora...

this do you?

image_zps77a6dd08.jpg

Its a 1943 Mk III. The bubble in it has got so big that it needs sorting, I guess it will cost some. I used it a lot in the 1980s when I was doing a lot of walking on the moors where it really helped being able to take seriously accurate bearings. I've also got the lads great grandads WWI prismatic.

atb

tom

Ps
Found some interesting info on refilling a prismatic on the Milsurps forum.

Oh yeah, hope Toddy excuses this comment but that's a proper mans compass! I like compasses, was taught to use at an early age. When working and making maps I used one like yours and one of this style too, again very accurate.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Salinger, eh? That's a new one on me - but she(?) looks a really attractive dog indeed.................Funny how Springers seem to be the new favourite for outcrossing these days; but then they are god's canine gift to the world, eh? ....................... Great picture, Mesquite!

Cheers... she was the outcome of opportunity whilst the owner was ill, no planning or anything.

The father was a saluki and he had his way with not only the springer mum but a whippet bitch at the same time. The owner had, at one stage, 27 dogs in her house not to mention all the cats as well :rolleyes::lmao:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk

i used to to have a springer collie cross. Totally mental. Passed away in June.

Hoping Aspen will be less nuts so she can be a course hound and canoe mutt.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I like that suunto compass, reminds me of my old clinometer, that had a similar case,.

Aye Suunto did them in the same casing. Mine can have a tritium source screwed in to use in dark woodlands... which was part of the job. Beautifully engineered.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Went to the cart boot today and picked up an 8'' iron skillet for £1, went around my parents told mum who then asked me if I wanted 2 more pans, one ridged square skillet one and a Le Creuset frying pan:)
DSC_0001.jpg

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Tickets to tonight's hockey game for me and Barbara. Final score Knoxville Ice Bears 4---Pensacola Ice Flyers 3; we lost in overtime :(

1414888_10200665073940936_939861926_n.jpg

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
We hit the local carboot while it was bright and frosty and picked up these from the surplus tool man

sunday01_zps5ebd044c.jpg

From the top a big unissued Sheffield made filing block. I know what I will use it for but what were they supposed to be used for, out of interest? £5

panel beating hammer, also unused but with surface rust to remove. Only marking is "MYERS" in the side of the head. Anyone know what country of origin. £1.50

ignore the brass pliery things, those are the wifes to ebay,

Next down a 5 foot Rabone folding ruler £1.50, some scratches from being dumped in with other tools but again unused straight from stores

Then a pair of Humpreys Sheffield scissors 50p and 4 beach and brass tool handles, 50p each.

Then some unissued Elliot Lucas pliers £1 and at the far side a 10 metre Rabone Chesterman refil tape £1.50. he also had some refils for 3m steel tapes, will get next time if not gone.

A 5/8 inch Priory punch, 50p, some rust and cosmolene to remove but not on the cutting edge so no biggy. Opposite a couple of sizes of steel drift, arrow marked straight from the box (had lots but just two sizes) 50p a pop and perhaps best of all for the princely sum of 50p a unused adapter to make any standard sized brace bit into a scotch eye auger. There was a auger bit to go with, snided in cosmolene but since I already have lots and I was by this point scrounging change from the kids I thought I'd leave it until next time. It made me a very happy bear any road

sunday02_zps0b12038f.jpg

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have one of those moras, great knives, the blade being thicker than the others makes it a lot stiffer in my opinion and the handle seems fatter which I like.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Indeedy, herself will be taking me back to the carboot next week to see what else the guy has. I don't normally do RAF stuff so a friend in NZ is sorting me out some info on Air Ministry stores codes, for all i know what I was fondling on Sunday may have been for 20mm cannon.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE