What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
after much deliberation, i finally succumbed to a RM golden Eagle bag. arrived today and, so far, am very impressed. i know alot of folk got upset when he shifted away from Nanook to poland but, having a good look over the bag, i am very impressed with the build quality. i'm sure time will tell on how it performs but i'll pop up a review after it gets a proper airing.

Uilleachan

Aug 14, 2013
Northwest Scotland
I've been looking at these too, all the reviews seem good especially for the price tag. Let us know how it fairs :)

I've got one and it's quite good. All the guys in the local mountain rescue teams are using the munro and these seem to have become quite popular with regular hill visitors. I have to confess I didn't buy mine for the hill, I bought it for traveling, which I do quite a bit of for work. I wanted a casual jacket with a hill capability windproof good hood etc and it certainly is all of that.

Well made and well thought out, if you like that sort of thing. My preference is for long cagoules for the hill and whilst out and about, the munro is a shorty in the modern style and for the money it's likely the pick of the bunch, IMO. So, I'm just using it for travel occasional work use, eg I can wear a sit harness with it on and also have used it as an occasional wading jacket for which it's surprisingly good.

I can't give an honest extreme hill weather review because I don't use it as such. Although, if combined with salopettes and the supplied waist gaiter is fitted and zipped up, I'd say it'll be as bomb proof as any of the others, for that kit combination.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to cagoules especially as I don't do as much actual climbing as I used to do so I don't have the need of a shorty very often as I seldom wear a harness other than occasionally at work. Also I don't like using salopettes if I can avoid them.

My green Berghuas cagoule is my go to mountain jacket, using that I can have my over trousers on and off as comfort dictates, without having to remove/open my jacket. Thats the main downside of the short jacket/salopette combination for me. Fine if you intend staying in the kit all day, but for non climbing situations where layer adjustment is important I prefer the easier access a long cagoule and over trousers provide, in rough weather that is.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good catch at the charity shop this morning; Jack Pyke Hunter jacket, dark olive green and BNWT, perfect fit, £20...............suits me, sir!..........................atb mac

Aug 29, 2013
Belarus
some tobacco
1186918_454159341363833_755098930_n.jpg

spud_23

Forager
May 27, 2010
Leicester
A history of British mountaineering
Conquering Everest
The way of st James guidebook
4000m peaks of the Alps

Montane alpine pants
Montane sabre tooth gloves

A new tattoo
And a pint :)

Productive day... Happy birthday too mee

Spud

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Since my plastic mug of twenty years or so died at Stead hall this weekend, a new mug, and some daisy chains for me hammock to make adjustment easier, and a new ridge line as I arrived at the meet without mine and cannot find it. Thankfully and enough bits of cord to rig a Heath Robinson setup for tarp and hammock, but methinks a new line is in order.

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
I went to the Midlands gamefair today with the intention of only buying a penknife, but instead came back with a Sandwell Fieldsports tuned HW99s or "Imp". Oh well...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE