psoriasis Natural remedies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Alreet.i have a friend who has this skin condition.he’s been taking medication for years and has had some results but now his body has gotten used to that medication so the docs got him on something even stronger.i understand that the doc knows what he’s doing that’s not the discussion here.does anybody have any info or know someone who has had positive results from natural remedies.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Apple cider vinegar did wonders for me. The Biona stuff with the active culture floating around in it. Applied directly a couple of times a day (and I did try drinking it diluted for a while). Totally cleared up in most areas and hasn't come back but my elbows are stubbonly hanging onto a bit. Needless to say trying to be more healthy, being less stressed and drinking less alcohol all help too.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
In the old days people in Finno Scandinavia used Tar Soap with success.
Not sure if you can buy such fine soaps in UK.
They are still made large scale in Finland ( and tar throat pastilles which I am sucking on at the moment) and more Artisan made in Sweden .

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Cheers for the replies folks.does someone on here not make tar soap or did I dream that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Apple cider vinegar did wonders for me. The Biona stuff with the active culture floating around in it. Applied directly a couple of times a day (and I did try drinking it diluted for a while). Totally cleared up in most areas and hasn't come back but my elbows are stubbonly hanging onto a bit. Needless to say trying to be more healthy, being less stressed and drinking less alcohol all help too.

Like this?

http://www.biona.co.uk/product-247-4.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elliott

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2004
Dorset
Seriously, there are no known natural remedies just as there are no known medical remedies - lots of possibles, but not one is wholly efficacious - one day they will learn to accept it or not. Had it 40 years now.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar is a 5% solution of acetic acid.
This is a weak organic acid without the character of strong acids such as Hydrochloric (HCl) or sulfuric (H2SO4).
All the same, start with maybe a 1+ 4 water dilution to test on the affected parts.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Liquorice and meadowsweet roots soaked in oil. One's mucilaginous, a dilatory and the other is a natural aspirin that soothes aches and itches.
The oil (or fat of some kind, not dairy, but lanolin or lard, or refined soft fat) stops the skin being so dry and flaky while encouraging the dead stuff to seperate and come off. I made it for a neighbour who has arthritic psoriasis.
He had fair results using houseleek (think native aloe vera) gel as the base for soaking the crushed roots in overnight too.

M

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Alreet.i have a friend who has this skin condition.he’s been taking medication for years and has had some results but now his body has gotten used to that medication so the docs got him on something even stronger.i understand that the doc knows what he’s doing that’s not the discussion here.does anybody have any info or know someone who has had positive results from natural remedies.

I have the same condition quiet severe I had several treatments enstilar foam cleared it on my head but my body stopped reacting to it, what I did find had a marked effect was CBD oil from Holland and Barett I take 2 drops orally

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
He had fair results using houseleek (think native aloe vera) gel as the base for soaking the crushed roots in overnight too.

M

Sempervivum ;) Every house should have them. It's a traditional plant in wales to ward off bad things and stop lightning hitting your roof.

Reactions: Toddy

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I remember a Gypsy coming to our house in South wales when I was a kid; my Mum invited her in and she drank tea by pouring it into the saucer :) - as she was leaving she gave Mum a sprig of heather then picked a leaf of the house leek growing on our wall and bit the succulent base off saying to my Mum that she should chew a piece each day for a long life. That was probably the start of my interest in ethnobotany :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
That Gipsy lady was a Gourmet!

Drinking tea/coffee (whatever) from a saucer exposes a larger area of the drink, so you get more into your nostrils.

In Sweden that is what was done with coffee, but first they placed a gard crystalline ( difficult to dissolve) sugar cube in the mouth.
(It also cools the drink)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE