Quackery or the real deal?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I must agree with Andy BB's last post, especially regarding the totally misplaced sense of fair play that some people have. Substances to be used as MEDICINE must be trialled, tested and standardised before they can be used (even when evil pharma companies throw money at trials!!), while stuff like herbs, folk remedies etc do not go through this process. I mean hom many 'remedies' are there which were used because they LOOK like the thing they're meant to cure? Or "oh, mrs jones rubbed a cat on her head, then went to bed and the next morning hear headache was gone!".
On another note, if my daughters school (a CofE school) gave equal cadence to Creationism, we would be finding another school. It's just plain stupid. Who honestly believes that a heavily edited book of cautionary anecdotes is a relevant and true account if history?? Dinosaur fossils were put there by god to test us!!! Hahaha.

You'd be surprised to know the amount of corruption and lies that go on with clinical trials for drugs and treatments. The medical world is all completely corrupt. Wake up people.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Let's distinguish the real quacks that create absurd products they can market and sell (not forgetting big pharma) as apposed to the real healers such as the Gerson therapy protocol

I think that sentence is the issue. Gerson is widely viewed as quackery. I respect your choice to follow your own star and i will not judge you. I just cant see how the intense health kick post diagnosis can make a real difference. I absoloutely think diet and lifestyle are to blame for a large proportion of cancers though albeit there are those who live well and still get this vile disease.

Just out of interest, do you have kids? Id be interested to know whether you would trust only Gershon if they got sick with cancer. Im not baiting you with that i just think for me as a father, it would be the ultimate test of my beliefs.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands

And I don't suppose you're aware of how fraudulent and corrupt Cancer Research UK is?
It's pathetic how people pander to and wholeheartedly trust in any group/person/organization that is perceived as mainstream, part of the establishment, ect. It's proper apathetic sheep-like mentality and makes me sick.

Tin
Foil
Hat

Pathetic.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I recommend the cabbage and gooseberry enema.
Soon sort you out.

Are you done yet? Is this childish argumentative behaviour against the rules? Anyhow I'm done for the night, off to the gym to keep fit. Why don't you do yourself a favor and spend your time using google to find the out the truth about the medical establishment, because you are quite clearly bloody clueless about it all.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Are you done yet? Is this childish argumentative behaviour against the rules? Anyhow I'm done for the night, off to the gym to keep fit. Why don't you do yourself a favor and spend your time using google to find the out the truth about the medical establishment, because you are quite clearly bloody clueless about it all.

no, I'm not done. Your advice is dangerous. You just insulted our entire medical community in one fell swoop and you fail to back up anything with any credible proven fact.

The burden of proof is yours.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
............and you have just offended every single person who has actually had, or had a loved one go down with, this horrendous disease.

There are no proven cures from the protocols you spout so loudly. All there is is ultimately distress and miserable deaths.
Cancer kills. It does not regress. It can be limited, it can be restrained, but unless the growing cells are actually removed or destroyed, then there is no cure.

To be honest the greedy, grasping money grabbers are the snake oil merchants that play on people in their fear and distress. I am of the opinion that that's the Gerson's of this world.

At this point I am beyond delighted to say that my son is still in full remission. Basically the doctor's reckon he's cured, but they'll keep an eye on him, just to be sure, and for our reassurance and peace of mind :).............and all of his treatment and results and on going testings are part of the medical research that continues into our understanding of the disease and it's treatment and it's effect on lives.

Toddy

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Don't bite back Mountainm or the thread will get locked down which may well be the purpose of some posts;)

Logical members of both camps will see the nonsense for what it is:cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've been thinking on this (and I agree with Richard about our neighbourhood troll) would it maybe not be an easier discussion if we brought up individual categories of health issues ?

Skin complaints for instance.
Dentistry.
Back ache........though that has multiple causes; maybe refine it.........slipped disc, sciatica ?
Broken bones,
Torn tendons,
Cuts and grazes.
Sinusitus :rolleyes: (got the cold from hell just now :sigh:)

Yes/No ?

cheers,
Mary

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I've been thinking on this (and I agree with Richard about our neighbourhood troll) would it maybe not be an easier discussion if we brought up individual categories of health issues ?

Skin complaints for instance.
Dentistry.
Back ache........though that has multiple causes; maybe refine it.........slipped disc, sciatica ?
Broken bones,
Torn tendons,
Cuts and grazes.
Sinusitus :rolleyes: (got the cold from hell just now :sigh:)

Yes/No ?

cheers,
Mary

drink some water that once passed close to an onion?

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
You'd be surprised to know the amount of corruption and lies that go on with clinical trials for drugs and treatments. The medical world is all completely corrupt. Wake up people.

I honestly don't believe i would be surprised, i'm absolutely certain it goes on.

BUT for me to put a value on your opinion i would like to know what experience of this corruption you have experienced first hand, and what experience do you have to judge the level of corruption in comparison to other sectors?

What do you do for a living as well please?

If you feel funny answering these questions on a public forum i can understand that, but speaking personally i would need answers to these questions before i'm able to put any credence behind your opinions.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'd like to publicly thank Lubo for his contributions. He illustrates my concerns about quackery and the gullible public better than I ever could:)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's a case in point Andy; where's the cure for the common cold ??
There are thousands of home remedies, dozens of pharmaceutical drugs, and not one actually 'cures' the blasted cold :sigh:
Some make me feel better than others, right enough :D

M

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
That's a case in point Andy; where's the cure for the common cold ??
There are thousands of home remedies, dozens of pharmaceutical drugs, and not one actually 'cures' the blasted cold :sigh:
Some make me feel better than others, right enough :D

M

The common cold is our friend, that is why it cannot be "cured". Without the common cold we would be very ill from toxic overload. It is a flushing of the body. People that eat correctly do not catch the common cold. It is a mistake to ingest products that inhibit the symptoms of the common cold, you are shooting yourself in the foot.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I honestly don't believe i would be surprised, i'm absolutely certain it goes on.

Good to hear from someone who knows at least some of the truth, now use that as a stepping stone to realising how bad the rest of medical establishment really is. Like I said from the very beginning of this thread the A&E department of the hospital and it's fleet of ambulances are the only good part of it, the rest is nothing short of evil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE