Charity Auction.Double headed axe, knife blade, scales, sheath, and bushcraft course.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
Zammo said:
Hng on I thought Silverback is the winning bidder at £300? You've been outbid.

I said i've got to find more than £300 pound the draw date is a long way off yet its gonna go up by quite a bit still.

leon-1

MitchelHicks said:
I said i've got to find more than £300 pound the draw date is a long way off yet its gonna go up by quite a bit still.

Well if you can find it the course with Forest Knights + The Stuart Mitchelle Blade + the axe and all the rest is worth a lot more on the average side of life.

I make knives, I do leatherwork, I know a fair amount about axes (thanks Old Jimbo + Mors) and I know Wayne and his reputation.

Despite all of my previously mentioned problems
leon-1 said:
I make knives, I do leatherwork, I know a fair amount about axes (thanks Old Jimbo + Mors) and I know Wayne and his reputation.

I can honestly say this is a bargain, If I hadn't been made redundant I would of bid on it myself if only to go and see Wayne.

Hjaltlander

Life Member
Feb 4, 2004
Shetland Isles
Hi Guys,

Ok I can't afford the bid, and as I am emigrating anyway, hmmmm, lol

So I was just about to stick this up for sale, when I noticed the post, so instead I would like to add to the pot...

1 x Ice King Combination Waterstone 1000 x 6000 Grit
1 x Ice King Waterstone 6000 Grit
1 x Ice King Waterstone 1200 Grit
1 x Ice King Waterstone 800 Grit
2 x Naguro Stones
1 x Rubber Foot Stone Holder Thingy

All are brand new, never used still in packaging. I mean whoever wins the knife and the axe etc, will need something to keep them sharp me thinks!

Hjaltlander

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Amazing! Huge respect and admiration to all who have contributed!

I'm afraid I'm on the skint side myself so hoping for a lottery win before the auction is up :rolleyes: :D

Matt.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I have been contacted by a full member who wishes to remain private, but has informed me to put in a new bid of £600
I respect their privacy, but I want to say a big thank you to them... :You_Rock_
I also want to thank everyone else who has come in with prizes... :You_Rock_ 2
So, the bidding stands at £600.00, do I hear anymore bids.....?
ps...I will do another recap this evening to include all the prizes...

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
When the auction is finished could the winning bidder pm me so I can forward the details of the Bushcraft course.

I am amazed at the wonderful generosity of the good people on this site.

This thread says all we really need to know about the spirit of bushcraft.
People giving their time and skills freely for the benefit of others. :You_Rock_

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
leon-1 said:
Well if you can find it the course with Forest Knights + The Stuart Mitchelle Blade + the axe and all the rest is worth a lot more on the average side of life.

Despite all of my previously mentioned problems

I can honestly say this is a bargain, If I hadn't been made redundant I would of bid on it myself if only to go and see Wayne.

Hey

What leatherwork do you do have you got any pictures I can take a look at. Id really like to make sheath but wouldn't really know where to start.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
MitchelHicks said:
Hey

What leatherwork do you do have you got any pictures I can take a look at. Id really like to make sheath but wouldn't really know where to start.

He makes stuff like this

3114134955aaa772af41d47fd600ec2f4b277207227a263edb741bbb.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow!

This is a serious auction !

Kudos to Hjaltlander for another major contribution to the prize fund (clearly as well as Wayne, John, Jon, Stu, Lawrence, "sc", Sean, Stuart f, Graham et al). Its great to see the bidder who understands the value of whats on offer here...

I am loving this thread. I know its been said before but wheres the rep button????.

Tony - can we invent a new "one off" rank for the contributors to this of "Bushcaft Gentleman" (seriously)

Red

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
dam thats good. I was thinking the credit card could of stretch to £400 depending what I spent this weekend in Aviemore.

Hats off to Mr or Ms X :notworthy

And I'll throw in a 1952 Britsh (maybe Belgian) Army Jack Knife - one of the old black handled jobbies with a spike. You've got to have folder as well to open the beer bottles. It lightly use and takes a razor edge

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
Think of how much time and money it would take you to get, make or do all this stuff. It really is a bargain! :You_Rock_

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
re cap time again to add the new prizes......
You are bidding for......
1x Marbles No 9 double headed hunters axe, re ground and polished up by British Red....
marbleszx9.jpg

1x Stuart Mitchell knife blade, 01 tool steel, hardened to rc 59. This could be the last chance to get one of these..
DSCN3170.jpg

1x set of curly birch knife scales and ali pins...
P1020744.jpg

This knife will be put together by Bushwacker Bob, if the winning bidder desires, he makes up some fantastic looking knifes, check this link to see one of the knifes he re done.. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=18805 Post no 22

1x leather knife sheaf, made by Rapid Boy, I think we have all seen his quality work....
455_5587_1.jpg

1x beautifully carved fire steel, made by Stuart F...
DSCI0003_Small.jpg

1x lovely looking leather possibles pouch by g4ghb, and also a chartube....
dscf0445xu4.jpg

And for somewhere to use your new tools, Wayne of Forest Knights http://www.forestknights.co.uk/ is including a place on a bushcraft course. I attended this course last year and had a great time and learnt loads....

So, not only will you get all of this, you will also get the satisfaction, that all your money has gone to a worthy charity...

We also have as prizes, a Song Of The Paddle 2007 Yearbook, and canoe stickers....
cover.jpg

quentin.jpg

and....
1 x Ice King Combination Waterstone 1000 x 6000 Grit
1 x Ice King Waterstone 6000 Grit
1 x Ice King Waterstone 1200 Grit
1 x Ice King Waterstone 800 Grit
2 x Naguro Stones
1 x Rubber Foot Stone Holder Thingy

The winning bid now stands at £600

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE