John Fenna's Birthday Charity Fundraiser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just got back and am sorting out some pics and thought I'd share this with people.

As everyone who attended the Moot knows John Fenna celebrated his 58th birthday on the Saturday. :hapbirth:

As a bit of fun I suggested to him earlier in the month that he did a fundraiser for breast cancer and wore a wig and lipstick for the evening celebrations. John being John he jumped at the idea :rolleyes: When I ran the idea past Tony he wasn't happy with the idea of it happening unless John did it for the full day rather than just the evening :rofl:

End result was John looking like this for the day :D

What was even more funny was that when John had a brainwave and tried to auction the wig on the Thursday for a bit more money people would only bid if he agreed to wear it for another day which he duly did and ended it by giving the wig a fiery end on the fire at Naughty Corner one minute past midnight :lmao:

I'm still totaling up everything that was collected because people kept giving us money throughout the whole time we were there but it looks like the total collected will be in excess of £450 which is a fantastic amount to raise from everyone :)

I'd like to thank John for being such a good sport, Tony for allowing it to happen and everyone for digging deep into their pockets :thankyou::You_Rock_

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Looking good John (wolf whistles) sounds like plenty of fun was had

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
And from the Wednesday visit to the Salon when he tried to auction it the first time:

20150729_105936.jpg

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
Well done Sir. Any time one can have some fun and help a worthy cause, is a great reward.
It shows commitment to helping others!!!
Again Well done Sir !!!!!!!!!!!!

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
John what an excellent sport you are Sir.

Thanks for this amazing effort for a charity close to my family's heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I've just had some good news from the gentleman who organised Johns Justgiving donations page.

As Jon works for Justgiving they have a policy of supporting all the pages that staff create and they've done that for Johns to the tune of £250!!! :)

That means the total raised for his antics is £730 which I'm sure everyone will agree is a fantastic amount and going to worthwhile cause.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Woo-whoo! That's a cracking amount. Well done on everyone who helped out.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am flabbergasted and amazed at the total raised - there are some fine and generous folk out there and my thanks go out to them all for digging so deep in these times of recession.
My bit in this was easy - all I had to do was look foolish (something I have had lots of practice doing) - Steve set up the stunt and got pledges from folk to ensure enough dosh came in to get it going and then collected most of the donations, Jon set up the donations page... and you lot gave money (something I personally find painful and difficult to do) and Just Giving were good enough to give a huge donation!
I was hoping we would make 3 or 4 hundred ....
Good on you all!

I pity Steve though ... to get the next stunt off and running he will need pledges of £730 or I ain't gonna play coz I now know it it possible:nana:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
lol panda....yup that sure was funny! and even though it was actually that nasty man Seoras who sealed the deal I sort of feel bad for my part in instigating that second-day-of-wig-wearing.....(erm, sort of....)

john, youre a star mate, people like you and actions like that are what makes it ALL worth it....

(wait till you discover what we've got in store for you next year....)

x

Loved it when John tried to auction off the wig and the whole thing backfired. Well done on raising the money John. :)
I have only quickly scanned my photos and found this one....I have plenty more of you John so don't worry too much. :)

IMG_5715%20-%20Web.jpg

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
Hi, I thought you might like to see a photo of the moment he realised he'd have to wear it a second time!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG1367.jpg
    IMAG1367.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 73

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE