Charity Auction.Double headed axe, knife blade, scales, sheath, and bushcraft course.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Fantastic auction but would the sum of seperate auctions not exceed the total as one biggie?
I realise that is not how the auction started but the generosity of the community has changed the field a bit.
Just my pennysworth (not a bid) :)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Things like THIS is what the Rep tool is for!!!! - Such a shame some 'bad kids' spoiled the game for the rest of us!:(

So i'd like to echo others comments by saying :You_Rock_ guys! :D

Sadly I can't afford to bid but to add to the 'pot' surely the winner needs something to carry things in so I'll add this to the stash!

dscf0445xu4.jpg

Ok it is not to the standard of some others here but it does the job (and i'll bung in a shiny chartube as well ;) )

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm getting soo tempted to bid here

But ...I just paid to post that axe :(

If it doesn't go up though......

Red

Butchd

Forager
Feb 20, 2007
Surrey
Urgh the temptation of a credit card.... Since I'm just starting to put kit together, this is very hard to resist.....

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
I'm just wondering what the payment methods will be for the auction as Im considering bidding but i dont have paypal. are there any other ways.

Mitch

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Jon Pickett said:
......1x Stuart Marsh knife blade

Mitchell.... My name is Stuart Mitchell.... I was born in the year 1970, began a 7 year apprenticeship in the cutlery industry at the age of 15 yrs. At the age of 25 I took over the family business, Pat Mitchell (Cutlers), and just recently made the decision to begin branding my knives as Stuart Mitchell, not Pat Mitchell....

At least the Stuart is spelt correctly though :rolleyes:

Okay, I've tidied up the posts a bit so the others say Stuart Mitchell, and cleared out some that don't make sense now too :D
Cheers,
Toddy

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
MitchelHicks said:
I'm just wondering what the payment methods will be for the auction as Im considering bidding but i dont have paypal. are there any other ways.

Mitch

The Just Giving site accepts ALL major credit and debit cards but on the off chance they do not accept your I will accept a cheque and make the payment for you and gift aid it.

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
stuart m said:
Mitchell.... My name is Stuart Mitchell.... I was born in the year 1970, began a 7 year apprenticeship in the cutlery industry at the age of 15 yrs. At the age of 25 I took over the family business, Pat Mitchell (Cutlers), and just recently made the decision to begin branding my knives as Stuart Mitchell, not Pat Mitchell....

At least the Stuart is spelt correctly though :rolleyes:

So what knives do you make now then how about branding them with Mitchel so it looks like there personalised for me lol.

Mitch

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
MagiKelly said:
The Just Giving site accepts ALL major credit and debit cards but on the off chance they do not accept your I will accept a cheque and make the payment for you and gift aid it.

Thanks have to see how much money I can get together doubt ill have enough though. Would like that knife and sheath.

Thanks anyway.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Ok guys, this is going great, lets re cap....
You are bidding for......
1x Marbles No 9 double headed hunters axe, re ground and polished up by British Red....
marbleszx9.jpg

1x Stuart Mitchell knife blade, 01 tool steel, hardened to rc 59. This could be the last chance to get one of these..
DSCN3170.jpg

1x set of curly birch knife scales and pins...
P1020744.jpg

This knife will be put together by Bushwacker Bob, if the winning bidder desires, he makes up some fantastic looking knifes, check this link to see one of the knifes he re done.. http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=18805 Post no 22

1x leather knife sheaf, made by Rapid Boy, I think we have all seen his quality work....
455_5587_1.jpg

1x beautifully carved fire steel, made by Stuart F...
DSCI0003_Small.jpg

1x lovely looking leather possibles pouch by g4ghb, and also a chartube....
dscf0445xu4.jpg

And for somewhere to use your new tools, Wayne of Forest Knights http://www.forestknights.co.uk/ is including a place on a bushcraft course. I attended this course last year and had a great time and learnt loads....

So, not only will you get all of this, you will also get the satisfaction, that all your money has gone to a worthy charity...

Highest bidder is Silverback @ £300.00....
Crikey, this took ages to do, hope I got it all right.....

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Toddy said:
I'll tidy it up when you get it all tied together Jon. :)
atb,
Toddy
Thanks Toddy.....
Sorry Stuart, I blame Bushwacker Bob for that.....

Fixed it :D ...but it doesn't seem right to remove all the conversation too. Hope things still make sense.
atb,
Toddy

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I've just been reading through all the posts on this thread. Unfortunately I can't make a bid but I did get very emotional at all the good will and generousity being displayed on the site. It makes me very proud to share thoughts etc. with you guys. :)

MitchelHicks

Forager
Aug 29, 2006
London
How are the items being posted will it be before or after postage and how are you going to prove that the money has been donated.

When does the auction end by the way.

Mitch

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
MitchelHicks said:
How are the items being posted will it be before or after postage and how are you going to prove that the money has been donated.

Mitch
For my part I'll post direct to the winner... Not sure when it ends but the blade will be ready by the end of next week.... As for proof, I would dearly hope it wouldn't be needed, I'm sure it could be organised though :)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Jon you forgot the Song of the Paddle Yearbook

cover.jpg

The canoe stickers

quentin.jpg

;)

MitchelHicks said:

Mitch

If you pay through the Just Giving site your name and the amount you donated is visible.

As you can see

http://www.justgiving.com/runningforTeenageCancerTrust

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
MitchelHicks said:

Mitch
If the prizes can be sent direct to the winning bidder, when the funds have been put into the Just Giving site http://www.justgiving.com/runningforTeenageCancerTrust , that would be the easiest. I would ask the winning bidder to pm the prize givers with their address...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE