can lannyman come out to play?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
thats the one Andy just at the end of the field where the open area is but more down the hill towards the brook......

as for helping out flint and steel is good, i also need people to help break the coal up and set up the forgeing area....

i normaly end up doing it all my self rushing around, i dont really get to chill all that much as i try to fit so much in, but as im the person who sots the meet i feel its my responsability to adleast try and pass on some skills, you will adleast have a look at froging and try the bow drill, and if i get any bunnies game prep too..

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
yeah mate realised that last time so i did n't mind helping with the coal breaking and will again

really want to try the bow drill this time as i wont have to rush off sunday but i'll have hands full 2 nephews and my daughter (i've set some thing off me thinks with the kids :) )

what do you reckon to the pork will it cook on a fire, boil in the bags are most i cook and sausages

Minstrel

Forager
Feb 9, 2009
Hartlepool
Gonna be fun :)

I am somewhat lacking in something to bring to the party. I can do the nettle cordage thing if anyone wants a go... you'll leave with a charming bracelet!

I can hammer coal too.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
yeah mate realised that last time so i did n't mind helping with the coal breaking and will again

really want to try the bow drill this time as i wont have to rush off sunday but i'll have hands full 2 nephews and my daughter (i've set some thing off me thinks with the kids :) )

what do you reckon to the pork will it cook on a fire, boil in the bags are most i cook and sausages

done deal Andy, you help with the coal and i will teach you bow drill (and try and give you a set to take home )..

as for the pork if we bring a spade i can do an earth oven with hot rocks, just dont ask mr digger to collect them as his tend to exsplode....:):):):):)

John, that sounds good mate, we could do that round the fire in the evening when the forge is going...(with the wine, but sshhhhhhhh....:))

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Yeah maybe mr digger collecting rocks from the stream was n't his finest hour lol
earth oven sounds great but you'll have to keep it right cause i'll poison everyone with my cooking :)

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Happy to contribute financially and with labour, just direct as appropriate.

Finished my down underquilt yesterday in preparation for Brockwell. Can't wait to try it out with my DIY hammock and bug sock, although the sock's probably not going to be necessary at the end of September.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
will have to have a look at your diy under quilt chris and if you dont mind giving me some tips and suppliers,wanting to have a go at making one for the winter

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
will have to have a look at your diy under quilt chris and if you dont mind giving me some tips and suppliers,wanting to have a go at making one for the winter

Will do. Have to say that, whilst still quite complex, it was easier than I thought it would be to make it. I'm going to try and get some pics later today. Assuming all goes well I'll post them tonight.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Well what can i say if you put it like that how can i resist,you can collect the rocks, can i be 500 meters from the oven though lol

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
I am more than happy to help out with coal bashing etc. Especially since I plan on sorting Wonky out once and for all. But I'm always up for helping out with whatever is needed. I also want to do bow drill this time. Though I have a nice bow at home, I haven't quite got around to creating fire on my back doorstep. I have been a bit lazy really since my last outing nut getting excited now. Just started reading "The Last American Man" about Eustace Conway. Good stuff so far. Would it be wrong to do this one sober?

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
drunk-irishman1.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE