What is an every day carry really when you get down to it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Turn out my pockets and you will find...

Wallet , torch, penknife, lighter. Also hankie, poo bags, dog treats. this is EDC.

Drawer queens, TEOTWAWKI survival gear, zombie knives, shotguns, emergency tents etc etc etc are clearly not EDC.

I have the same stuff in my pockets in the high street as I do down at the river, in the garden or on top of a mountain. Every day.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I believe if I may ,and potentially offer a coup de grace to the thread, the term EDC has its main origins in the freedom loving US of A where it is more pertinent to the chosen concealed or open carry revolver/pistol firearm of choice for the day.

I think like many amercianisms we have 'borrowed' it. Bloody Limeys.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I believe if I may ,and potentially offer a coup de grace to the thread, the term EDC has its main origins in the freedom loving US of A where it is more pertinent to the chosen concealed or open carry revolver/pistol firearm of choice for the day.

I think like many amercianisms we have 'borrowed' it. Bloody Limeys.
This will drag the thread far off topic... but here goes...

That famous amendment about the right to bear arms refers to the government not infringing the right of the citizen to do so.

Step onto private property, such as a shopping mall, and the owner of that property can apply any restriction whatsoever. For instance, when I made first trip to the US and went into a mall in South Carolina, I saw signs "no concealed weapons", implying that a pistol worn openly on a belt would be acceptable.

And that's beside state laws, county and municipal ordinances.

In the US, rules concerning the carrying of firearms are complicated and very greatly from state to state, county to county, town to town, and you really need to know exactly where you are going to go during the day to be able to strictly comply.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
If baring arms is so bloody important they should just roll up their sleeves and carry on - every day if they want to.

I regularly do it but not every day.

Edited to hyphenate and I feel all the better for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE