Owdo from Lancashire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

peakfreakuk

Apr 21, 2023
UK
Male, 50+, GSOH, would like to meet... Oops! sorry wrong forum.

Only joking, hello all from me (Bren) from near sunny Blackpool.

A Little Bit About Me
Married to a wonderful wife (Sharon) for over 25 years now (you don't get that for murder nowadays). Aprt from the hiking, she doesn't do the outdoorsy experiece too much, though I am working on her. We have 2 absolutely stonking sons who are still puzzled why dad hoofs up mountains and lives like a hobo on a regular basis. I am a bit of a cheeky chappie who tries not to take life too seriously, and like a bit of a laugh and a joke now and then but I never mean any harm and I don't like to see people down.

Hobbies & Interests
Well der! Wildcamping, bushcraft and mountains, occasionally at the same time. I also like real ale and collecting (and drinking) single malt whiskey (is there any other kind of whiskey???) I have also been known to paddle quite a bit in the past having been a paddlesport coach for too many years to remember. I do occasionaly dust of the open boat and venture out but prefer dry land more these days.

Where do I play out?
Pretty much anywhere that will have me, I tend to try all areas (UK and Overseas) for hikes and nights out. However, being located where I am means I have the Bowland fells on my doorstep and I'm a little over an hour to the Lakes, Dales and Peak District.
I'm also lucky enough to have a base up in the North Pennines so I know the area around Cross Fell and Alston quite well too.

Who Do I Play Out With?
This one is easy, myself or anyone who wants to come along or will let me tag along. I have been very fortunate to spend time wombling around with some "good & clever" people who I have learnt a great deal from. I am in no way an expert myself but I certainly feel I am a competant outdoorsman and enjoy bimbling with all abilities. If I am ever out and you are looking for a buddy to get your head clear with, please feel free to come and chat or give me a shout.

Likes & Dislikes
Like - Der! Need you ask? The outdoors, single malt and my family.
Dislike - Not a lot tends to bother me and I always try to respect the opinions of others, however radical they may be, but I do get a little miffed whenever people disrespect members of our uniformed services. I also dispise bullying of any kind, physical, mental or electronic.

In Summary
As you have probably worked out, I can also ramble on a bit but you did say introduce yourself. Please excuse me when I start pestering for advice in the future. However, if you have a question that I may be able to assist you with I will certainly return the favour.

See you on the hills sometime.

Bren

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE