What is an every day carry really when you get down to it?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ijohnson

Mar 10, 2024
uk
My understanding of the term EDC is that it comes from the preppers world.

Preppers, being the type of people they are, have a tendency to carry things to cover every eventuality, including alien invasion and societal breakdown. This is why the EDC lists tend to include many pocketed back-packs full of stuff (including pry-bars), the jacket pockets, the trouser pockets etc.
Some EDC lists will be bigger, some smaller depending on the persons own perceptions. But people who take the term too literally (as it seems is happening in this forum) are missing the point IMHO. So while your phone and your house keys could be included in an EDC list, just because you carry them every day does not make them EDC.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Isn’t EDC just a marketing term? Similar to the term Tactical?

If I want a pen to carry in my pocket I can search “EDC pen” and get more specific results?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
while your phone and your house keys could be included in an EDC list, just because you carry them every day does not make them EDC.

Then what does? - Please don’t answer that

:deadhorse:

I suspect that every member here has a different definition of EDC.

I don’t use the term, however unless context suggests otherwise I shall henceforth read it as a synonym for “gadget”.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE