can lannyman come out to play?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
If anyone is interested I have some sealed 24 hour ration packs that I will sell for £8 each but i will need to know by tonight by PM please if you would like any and I can drop them off tomorrow

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Lee! i was just about to mention those! lol!
Anyway guys....
After reading many threads on the meat folk are bringing to the meet! Has anyone mentioned any vegetables yet?

Leezo

On a new journey
May 5, 2008
GeordieLand
The star at the bottom of your arrow is where I will be staying.

As for the rations I have a mixture of menus but dont know off the top of my head which ones. I have them at work but I'll need to know tonight if anyone is after any.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Lee! i was just about to mention those! lol!
Anyway guys....
After reading many threads on the meat folk are bringing to the meet! Has anyone mentioned any vegetables yet?

veg VEG are ya serious i thought we were manly men of the woods who eat only meat :)

But your right might be an idea to have some maybe one tatty and a carrot incase theres any vegaterians lol

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
@Vandeen love the pics, was that from your last trip...lol
Suppose we could always place the pot on some flattish rocks next no the fire instead of directly in it if it got too hot.
Or a 'V' Log fire and reduce the amount of coals from under it

@ Nathan Yeah we'll sort something if GSB's oven isnt avail.
Off to get the veg for Fri night now.
You've got PM

@ Lannyman thanks for the map, spot on will try not to get lost. Where are the enemy?

@ Greensurfingbear you've got PM & is dutch oven suitable for casserole for 3 on friday night?

Can't believe it I seem to be taking more kit than I remember taking for a 5 day hike.
4.9L stock pot isn't helping much & I dont want to unwrap it to pack stuff inside it in case I end up taking it back LOL
Knew I should have brought the 100L pack not 65L I'm gonna look like a tinker at this rate with everything tied on :rofl:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
If the plan goes...well to plan I'm meeting Nathan at 1830 friday night and hope to be there for 1900. It'll be getting dark so hopefully we set up in the right place lol. Will bring a 4ltr dutch oven. Who ever gets there first choses site I say lol. Last time I was there with D-Day we weren't on a specific site we just pitched up the trees down near the burn. Seeing as how there are more of us coming I guess it's a good idea to base around one of the official pitches. Anyone tenting it or it group swinging weekend? Funarf funarf

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
@ Nathan Yeah we'll sort something if GSB's oven isnt avail.
Off to get the veg for Fri night now.
You've got PM

@ Lannyman thanks for the map, spot on will try not to get lost. Where are the enemy?

@ Greensurfingbear you've got PM & is dutch oven suitable for casserole for 3 on friday night?

Can't believe it I seem to be taking more kit than I remember taking for a 5 day hike.
4.9L stock pot isn't helping much & I dont want to unwrap it to pack stuff inside it in case I end up taking it back LOL
Knew I should have brought the 100L pack not 65L I'm gonna look like a tinker at this rate with everything tied on :rofl:

SSSShhhhhhhhh, the walls have ears, they are all around us "trust no one".....;)

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
I'm in the tent this weekend as my daughter is coming too but its only a polish army tipi so its not big at all only really suitable for 1 and a bit person :)

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
If the plan goes...well to plan I'm meeting Nathan at 1830 friday night and hope to be there for 1900. It'll be getting dark so hopefully we set up in the right place lol. Will bring a 4ltr dutch oven. Who ever gets there first choses site I say lol. Last time I was there with D-Day we weren't on a specific site we just pitched up the trees down near the burn. Seeing as how there are more of us coming I guess it's a good idea to base around one of the official pitches. Anyone tenting it or it group swinging weekend? Funarf funarf

Excelent thanks for that, pack will be much more manegable :You_Rock_
Will probably meet you in car park then, "should" be able to get there before you. Any changes you've got my details.

Got option of twin hoop bivi tent or tarp & bivi bag, taking both.
Probably put tarp up anyway for dry area. Yet to try a propper hammock, got money saved from birthday to buy one but this weekend will give me some ideas.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
The star at the bottom of your arrow is where I will be staying.

As for the rations I have a mixture of menus but dont know off the top of my head which ones. I have them at work but I'll need to know tonight if anyone is after any.

i know the spot, a nice fire area and some big old logs to sit on, we are just at the end of the path into the woods by the brook, the area has been opened up a bit now by Mike....

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Excelent thanks for that, pack will be much more manegable :You_Rock_
Will probably meet you in car park then, "should" be able to get there before you. Any changes you've got my details.

Got option of twin hoop bivi tent or tarp & bivi bag, taking both.
Probably put tarp up anyway for dry area. Yet to try a propper hammock, got money saved from birthday to buy one but this weekend will give me some ideas.

ditch the bivi tent mate you wont need it...:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE