can lannyman come out to play?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Guys I've got a little problem and I'm in need of your advice.
SWMBO has informed me she is going out on Sat night (her friends Hen night) I forgot about it.........

We have 3 young kids, 5,3,1

So my question is any idea on how to keep her sweet (Ideally convincing her NOT to go out for her mates Hen night:rolleyes:) and letting me go play caveman (as she calls it) in the woods

Any Ideas are welcomed......:confused:

I take it "damn it woman I'm the man in this relationship so obey" won't work then lol.......hell if I tried that line I'd be living in the woods all year round..........hmmm tempting!!

@ nuggets, Invite them to the woods, no thanks I've seen them, and I think Badge baiting is illegal .....lol

@ Greensurfingbear, Yep I'm the man of my house & I wear the trousers in our relation ship (when ever she lets me...)

@ lannyman8, I like the saving money speech, going to have to give that one a try!

Thanks for the input guys.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hey Guys I've got a little problem and I'm in need of your advice.
SWMBO has informed me she is going out on Sat night (her friends Hen night) I forgot about it.........

Well your first mistake is refering to her as SWMBO, subserviance is a weakness and as such will not be tollerated! ;)

If she told you first & you forgot there's not a lot I can suggest except to farm the kids off somewhere & both go out & do your own thing. Don't know how practical that is for you given their ages, I like my freedom too much, I never bred :)

We used to have arguments just like you're doing, me saying I was going somewhere, her saying she'd told me about something else happening that weekend months & months ago, I have a terrible short term memory which really doesn't help either.

We now have a callander wall planner thing, if it's not on there it aint happening and the other is free to book something, end of squables, would recomend it to anyone.

@ nuggets, Invite them to the woods, no thanks I've seen them, and I think Badge baiting is illegal .....lol

OOoooooh all brave now eh lol
One of them's got to be appeal to you? you married her, and she's gonna be there, so thats you off the market. Anyways you'll be lucky to walk again never mind get out in the woods if she reads this :lmao:

RE. the appeal of the rest of her crowd, Confucious, he say, "Even if the meat is mouldy, if the dog is hungry enough he will eat" ;)

Seriously though a hen doo and camping mix could be an absolute nightmare if they aren't the camping sort of women.

PS Reading your tag line, made me laugh having read your post.

Good luck with the negotiations.

chris_r

Nomad
Dec 28, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sorted lads, Got a baby sitter... and they volunteered......

Now she said she wants the car............ (Typical)

If any generous soul passing South Shields can squeeze another body in, I'd appreciate it....... :)

I'm in Fawdon at the north of the town, so I'll not really be anywhere near Shields, but if you can get a Metro to town I'm happy to pick you up on the way to Brockers.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hi Andy, can you just confirm that you will be bringing some coke for the forge, as if you are i will leave my coal at home and save 25kg per mile of petrol...:)

thanks mate.

chris.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Hi chris yeah i can bring a bag there not 25kg as my normal supplier are on holiday but the stuff i can get is 15 kg bag at a guess which is bigger than you get at petrol stations by double and it burns hot as hell :) is one enough as moneys really tight this month (its £7.50 a bag i know you were asking normal supplier is £12 a 25kg sack)

cheers andy

OK guys n girls,

As this is my first jaunt out up to Brockwell, I have to ask a few questions
  1. What's it going to cost?
  2. Who's coming?
  3. Is anyone any good at Sharpening Kukri's, and wouldn't mind showing teaching me?, I just cant seam to manage to do it with my Lansky Deluxe sharpening set.
  4. What is everyone planning on doing? sadly I have to leave at 4pm on Sat awwwww :(
  5. I have the Large Kelly Kettle, would it be appreciated if I brought it?
Hope you can help!!

Nathan

greensurfingbear

OK guys n girls,

As this is my first jaunt out up to Brockwell, I have to ask a few questions

[*]What's it going to cost?
[*]Who's coming?
[*]Is anyone any good at Sharpening Kukri's, and wouldn't mind showing teaching me?, I just cant seam to manage to do it with my Lansky Deluxe sharpening set.
[*]What is everyone planning on doing? sadly I have to leave at 4pm on Sat awwwww :(
[*]I have the Large Kelly Kettle, would it be appreciated if I brought it?

Hope you can help!!

Nathan

Forgot to mention on phone, kukri needs cigar shaped sharpening stone like you use on bill hooks

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is it OK if I pop over on Saturday or Sunday to say hello, I have been ill for a while now and staying out at the minute is out. I would like to call over to say hello and introduce myself, if that's OK.

greensurfingbear

Is it OK if I pop over on Saturday or Sunday to say hello, I have been ill for a while now and staying out at the minute is out. I would like to call over to say hello and introduce myself, if that's OK.

Sounds good to me mate. First time
Folk met I was working so I popped over for a few hours in the evening just to say hi. Be nice to see you there

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE