Battery Charging

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Is there anywhere at the Moot that I could plug in a charger for my camera? I can charge most things off the solar charger unit that I carry, but it's too lower voltage (5v only) to feed my camera charger.

Cheers

J

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Nope!

There is no permanent electricity supply for the entire site - there is a generator that gets used for specific times but it is expensive, dirty and noisy, so seldom used.

Do you have access to a vehicle based invertor that can be plugged into the car?

Ogri the trog

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I can charge camera batteries at a cost of 4 Jaffa Cakes per charge per battery.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Well that's just mean!!! I will just have to get some of those devil cakes on the black market so I can avail my self of your offer.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aren't Borders plain chocolate gingers a universal currency? :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sorry to the OP but this looks like turning into another Great Bushcraft Biscuit thread of a year or two back. :D
That went on for pages...

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
with Jaffa cakes is it just the Mcvitties ones or are other shop brands [counterfeits??] acceptable. Is there a non- destructive test to tell the difference?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Ill have my inverter with me.

I eat jaffa cakes, its an important part of archaelogical training, jaffa cakes and alcohol.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
with Jaffa cakes is it just the Mcvitties ones or are other shop brands [counterfeits??] acceptable. Is there a non- destructive test to tell the difference?

Counterfeit jaffa cakes???

You seriusly think people would consider accepting inferior products for their electricity?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I can charge camera batteries at a cost of 4 Jaffa Cakes per charge per battery.

That seems a fair price, not that I'm coming but what is the jaffa cake exchange rate for Scottish currency?

NWvGASn.jpg

:)

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm partial to a tea cake, 1.5 tea cakes = 4 Jaffas. So give me 2 tea cakes and you can have 2 chocolate fingers change.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm, what about Tunnocks other fine comestibles like their inestimable wafers?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE