Woodlore Owners...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

As a Woodlore owner/future owner, which one applies to you?

• Own a Woody & use it

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Own a Woody and keep it as a collectable

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Own more than one Woody..Use em all

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Own more than one Woody..but keep one as a collectable

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Own a few Woodies, keep more than one as a collectable

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Plan on owning one to use

Votes: 40 37.0%
  • Plan on owning one as a collectable

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
The only problem i had with woodlores was the dept of the blade, its a bit to wide for my liking, i prefer a much narrower or tapered blade in 3-4mm, makes woodwork so much easier and adds control.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
There are better and cheaper things than Woodlores.

I think they would come about eighth on my Knife wish list.

Dont worry, Dave! you come about third!

But really Im a hatchet person

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I really must get these results up. Cheers for those involved, there is a massive difference between the results here and on BB. Loads of collectors there. Good job MartinK9 can only choose one option otherwise we'd all be confuzzled.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
I do not own a Woodlore. I do not have any friends who own a Woodlore. I will not buy a Woodlore, as they are too expensive for my budget. I have never seen nor held a real Woodlore. However, having said all that, I think the esthetics of them is spot on. I like the shape of the blade, I like the scandi grind, I like the slimmish handles. It appears to me to be a very useful knife. If they were reasonably priced, I would have one in a heart beat. Is it better than my EnZo? I'll most likely never know.

Signed: Deprived in Kansas

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Update :D

mycollection03.jpg

mycollection031.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
True, very true :lmao:

But apart from that, you've now got them all. If you could get AndyP to part with his giraffe handled Woodlore, that would be close enough visually to the antler version. It was rehandled by AW and looks just like Rays current version.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
But apart from that, you've now got them all. If you could get AndyP to part with his giraffe handled Woodlore, that would be close enough visually to the antler version. It was rehandled by AW and looks just like Rays current version.

I am happy now, I just rotate through the left hand set, the JP will be out at the Rough Close Meet end of the month getting a battering :D

Edit: Took the SWC instead:

mebattoningwithswc2.jpg

swc2.jpg

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Realy enjoyed this thread, MartinK9 you are a funny chap!, Own a 25th and really enjoy using it, i find the blade thickness at 4mm fine for me and it fits me well,I do use other knives, but the right tool for the job is not the right tool for every job,

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Realy enjoyed this thread, MartinK9 you are a funny chap!, Own a 25th and really enjoy using it, i find the blade thickness at 4mm fine for me and it fits me well,I do use other knives, but the right tool for the job is not the right tool for every job,

Thanks, I think :lmao:

My JP will be out with me this weekend for sure, it's her turn:D

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
MartinK9,

Nice pictures. Interesting to see those limited ones getting some actual use.
Is the steel that was used for the JP version made public? All I ever read was 'carbon steel'. Any comments on edge retention as compared to the SWC and AW versions?

-Emile

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
MartinK9,

Nice pictures. Interesting to see those limited ones getting some actual use.
Is the steel that was used for the JP version made public? All I ever read was 'carbon steel'. Any comments on edge retention as compared to the SWC and AW versions?

-Emile

As mentioned before, I rotate through half my knives. Edge is still super sharp after 3 days use:

jpshots2.jpg

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs

Nah JD..

Forget the giraffe version, he wants the real thing..

003-52.jpg

:p

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Nah JD..

Forget the giraffe version, he wants the real thing..

003-52.jpg

:p

Glad you've come along to wind him up too. It's good to see it again, and looking sooo great at that. You need to add it to the perfect collection.....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

By the way Andy, you still got that giraffe Woodlore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE