Ray Mears 25th Anniversary Woodlore Knife #100

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LewesLee

Feb 7, 2016
Lewes, East Sussex
Hi everyone! As an occasional visitor to these forums, I am well aware of the comments that are typically made when members sell high value 'luxury' items such as these, especially when they have Mr. Mears' name attached! :p However, I would just like to make it clear that I am simply looking for a buyer today, and I will not be getting involved in the usual debates over perceived value of collector's items. I hope you all understand :D

To get to the point, I am looking to part ways with my Ray Mears 25th Anniversary Woodlore Knife, which was hand-forged by the Swedish knife maker Julius Peterson in celebration of the 25th year of Ray Mears' own company, Woodlore Limited. I will assume that any serious buyers are already aware of the specifics of this knife, so I won't go into further details here, but of course feel free to contact me if you'd like to clarify anything.

The knife comes with the hand-stitched belt sheath, presentation case and certificate of authenticity, signed by Mr. Mears. This knife has not been used at all since purchase, and has simply been stored inside my house along with a few silica gel packets. As you can see from the photos, there are a few blemishes on the blade and rivets, simply from storage. I would imagine these would be simple enough to remove, but I felt it best to leave the knife untouched and leave this TLC to the buyer.

Only 250 of these knives were ever made, and I was extremely fortunate to purchase knife number 100. This is shown on the blade itself, as well as on the certificate.

When these knives originally went on sale, I recall seeing some owners reselling theirs for something in the region of £1,200+ (I believe this was back when knives were still allowed to be sold on eBay). Since then, I have seen a further few knives being sold via Dartmoor Knives for the same sort of value. Given these sales, and factoring in the collectable aspect of this being knife number 100, I would be looking for an offer in the region of £1,100. As before, I appreciate that many of you will want to debate this, but I am regrettably in need of a sale due to personal reasons, and therefore would appreciate serious offers/comments only :D

Pictures below were taken today. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me, and I will happily discuss things. Many thanks everyone!

_DSC8027.jpg
_DSC8029.jpg
_DSC8032.jpg
_DSC8033.jpg
_DSC8034.jpg
_DSC8035.jpg
_DSC8037.jpg
_DSC8038.jpg
_DSC8039.jpg
_DSC8040.jpg
_DSC8041.jpg
_DSC8042.jpg
_DSC8043.jpg

LewesLee

Feb 7, 2016
Lewes, East Sussex
Beautiful knife that is, one that I would value highly in my collection. However, I am dubious that this is your first post and those are some very professional pictures. I for one would not part with any money to someone that I cannot see has built up any reputation with the forum. Call me cynical... but you haven't even got a background or introduction.
Anyhoo, what wood is that handle? Desert iron wood?

Hi Totumpole. A very fair point, and one that I somewhat expected. Despite visiting the BCUK forums over the years for bits of advice, I'm not a huge one for social media and posting online, hence the brand new account. I did ponder whether it was worth posting/commenting in other areas of the site before advertising this knife, but I felt that would have been a little false of me, and it would have probably come across that way too!

I've always had an interest in photography, and own a Nikon D700, hence the clear pictures (I'll take your comment as a compliment!). I have included a photo showing my forum name, but would be more than happy to take some new pictures alongside an object of your choice for authenticity; I'm sure someone will have a suggestion :D

If there's anything I can do to alleviate people's concerns then please do tell. I'm pretty new to this!

Cheers, Lee.

Last edited:

LewesLee

Feb 7, 2016
Lewes, East Sussex
Many thanks, Tony, for the clean up!

I'd just like to refresh this thread as, due to unfortunate circumstances, it would be helpful to have a little extra pocket money at the moment... :( As such, I will have to lower the price on this knife to £850.00. This is the lowest that I would be happy to part with this knife for though.

Plenty of photos below, and please do PM if you're interested.

Many thanks,

Lee

LewesLee

Feb 7, 2016
Lewes, East Sussex
Offers welcome! :p Due to my circumstances, I have to accept that I cannot hold out for the original asking price, so please PM me with any serious offers, and hopefully we can discuss. :vio:

Cheers,

Lee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE