Woodlore Owners...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

As a Woodlore owner/future owner, which one applies to you?

• Own a Woody & use it

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Own a Woody and keep it as a collectable

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Own more than one Woody..Use em all

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Own more than one Woody..but keep one as a collectable

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Own a few Woodies, keep more than one as a collectable

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Plan on owning one to use

Votes: 40 37.0%
  • Plan on owning one as a collectable

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
And here she is safe and sound with her sisters:

mycollection06.jpg

Waldorf thanks once again

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sweeet!!! I'd count that as collection complete. It's a very nice representation of an instructors Woody.

CLOSE UPS!!!!!

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Kinell Martin! Another one! An amazing collection to say the least. I'd have to say my faves are the two in the top right column and the second ones from the bottom left and right column. Not that I'd turn down any of them of course!

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Quick question here for those with the damasteel Woodlore's .... if you use them .... and that is whether you go for a micro bevel touch up to the edge to preserve the pattern .... or sharpen using the scandi grind and risk losing the pattern ?

Asethetic's I know .... but cannot decide on the later option just yet .... mine came not quite razor sharp .... so I have done a micro bevel on the edge and now it is hair popping .... but eventually I will need to alter this method .... and thoughts as to what or how you have done yours would be welcome ....

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
On a Woody profile blade with quite a low scandi grind you should sharpen using the whole edge, otherwise you will eventually ruin it. On a user, damasteel looks good afer use anyway.

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Yes ... I think that's the only logical way to go .... some pic's of used damasteel woodlore's to see how the pattern changes would be of interest if you have them .....

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
I voted planning to own one to use it. I received mine in the post a fortnight ago but now have to sell it with no more than being taken from the sheath due to sudden ill health :(

PeterHW

Forager
Dec 31, 2005
U.K.
Thanks Jonathan ..... I have used a Mike Lamprey Titanium Folder for a number of years which has a Damasteel Blade and it does take a great edge .... being flat ground though the edge does'nt impact on the pattern with that design.
It is interesting to see that your Damasteel Woodlore has a slight hollow grind to the scandi edge just like the RM ones .... in time therefore with some sharpening the edge will just go to a pure clean steel look .... which actually will look quite nice .... so that at least helps aleviate my concerns .... many thanks for doing the photo's mate ....goodjob

iamasmith

Forager
Aug 12, 2009
London
I'm sure a Woodlore is a perfectly servicable tool and just as good as many others out there but harder to get due to waiting lists etc.

I wouldn't bother myself, I'm quite happy with my Bernie Garland Bushcrafter ^^. I can maintain it as sharp as I need it to be and it's sturdy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE