Copied conversation thread - Ray Mears 25th Anniversary Woodlore Knife #100

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
It's not the value of the knife that will make this one hard to sell, it's finding the right buyer and those who look down on people who order these knvies merely to sell at an inflated price.

Best of luck with the sale, it's a fine looking tool and will make a full pocketed chap/chapette happy.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
Try sell it to the yanks. They have no issues paying millions for a bit of stolen concrete wall after Banksy has put his mark on it. Let them chip in for a bit of Ray. I wonder how much a pair of Rays old socks or under crackers would be worth?

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
Not as much as his short shorts!
On a more serious note I have been told that there is a way to sell on EBay USA, Farid the knife maker and a few others have sold knives on there.

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Not as much as his short shorts!
On a more serious note I have been told that there is a way to sell on EBay USA, Farid the knife maker and a few others have sold knives on there.

Yes, you can list knives on eBay.com, postage restrictions may still apply though!

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
I've got £500 for it ..

That's a fair price then. I hope you didn't take any opinions too personally. Had it been any other collectable that you had invested in, you would probably have had a different response. I think most people were voicing their thoughts about the loonacy of R. Mears allowing his brand of knives to become so elite and far removed from the grounded tools he proclaims to value.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I think most people were voicing their thoughts about the loonacy of R. Mears allowing his brand of knives to become so elite and far removed from the grounded tools he proclaims to value.

'Allowing?' How can he change, and why would he care what prices the knives are fetching on the secondhand collectors market? He has no control over that.

Nevyn

May 15, 2016
Whitstable
You can buy a new wood lore by Stephen wade cox for £395.00 so Ray is not making anything exclusive about the wood lore knife. It is a hand made item and that is the price of time.

The problem is wanting an Alan wood version. Alan could never keep up with demand and so the Wilkinson cheaper option was born. Alan's books are closed probably far into the next decade and Wilkinson no longer have the contract to make these knives. So you have people who want to collect knives for whatever reason wanting these items! That has made the market price what they are.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
That one isn't a Woodlore... its his "bushcraft" knife. :)

You can buy a new wood lore by Stephen wade cox for £395.00 so Ray is not making anything exclusive about the wood lore knife. It is a hand made item and that is the price of time.

The problem is wanting an Alan wood version. Alan could never keep up with demand and so the Wilkinson cheaper option was born. Alan's books are closed probably far into the next decade and Wilkinson no longer have the contract to make these knives. So you have people who want to collect knives for whatever reason wanting these items! That has made the market price what they are.

Nevyn

May 15, 2016
Whitstable
You are right Mark my bad. I guess it's all in the name. Without seeming to blow smoke up your **** I would rather have one of your knives tbh. :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
lol. Thanks mate. :)

The RM bushcraft knife is actually a different shape to the Woodlore, i've seen both side by side and they weren't the same. :)

You are right Mark my bad. I guess it's all in the name. Without seeming to blow smoke up your **** I would rather have one of your knives tbh. :)

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
The 25th Anniversary knife is a very good looking thing indeed (I'm biased though as I love forge finished blades). Much nicer than the 30th Anniversary which was just extra engraving on a SWC blade with a dark handle and a black box (yep...just googled it :eek:).

:)

K

Klenchblaize

Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
So the $54,000. 00 question:
d86a5495-485b-4359-a890-5da18c7e079a_zpsloekgyau.jpg

Is the Alan Wood Bushcraft Knife starting to increase in price?

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE