Woodlore 25th Anniversary

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Congratulations to Ray & the Woodlore Team on their 25th Anniversary celebrations.
A 25th Anniversary message from Ray Mears:
Original Source: http://www.raymears.com/Woodlore-25-Year-Anniversary.cfm

-------------------------------------------------------------------
woodloremedal.png

25 YEARS OF BUSHCRAFT
1983-2008

Twenty five years. Yikes, that's a quarter of a century! Back in 1983 when Woodlore was in its infancy, I never would have believed I'd be sitting here writing these words. Back then nobody in the UK knew what I meant by the term “wilderness bushcraft”. Sure there were a couple of survival schools, and pretty good ones at that, but there was no one offering the more in-depth nature based knowledge of bushcraft. For me, learning how to live with nature had been a passion from early childhood but it was a difficult subject to explore back in those days. Before the internet research involved wearing out shoe leather in museums and blagging entrance to academic libraries before practising skills in quiet corners of the countryside. But in some strange way those obstacles were the spur to my study. One thing is certain though, I never thought I would end up teaching the subject. It is funny how things work out. It was a pignut root that really kicked Woodlore into gear as a company but that is another story...

Over the past twenty five years I have had the excitement of steering Woodlore on a voyage of discovery literally around the world running courses in some of our planets remotest corners, living alongside some of the oldest cultures and tracking some of the most dangerous and fascinating wildlife. Guiding my hand on the helm are several principles; a commitment to honest professionalism, willingness to take the difficult path, reliability, and the belief that humour can dispel adversity.

Today Woodlore continues to advance, leading the field which it pioneered. A small team of dedicated professionals work hard to provide the highest standard of tuition and leadership in wilderness bushcraft whilst striving to extend our sum knowledge and understanding of this wonderful subject. In addition to training, Woodlore now also provides some of the finest outdoors equipment, carefully selected on the basis of our extensive experience. This was not a commercial choice but arose after a student attended an arctic course having been mis-sold a summer sleeping bag as an arctic bag and represents our philosophy of wherever possible making the wilderness experience accessible safely to all.

As Woodlore celebrates its first quarter century we are very much looking to the future with new courses, equipment and projects that have long been in planning. I want also to extend my thanks to all of the many students, 'Woodloreans', who have sat around our campfire over the past twenty five years. Your passion, enthusiasm and willingness to push beyond known boundaries has been the greatest inspiration and continues to work its magic today on a new generation of instructors.

Best wishes,

Ray Mears
Founder of Woodlore
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
The article also listed numerous items for sale as part of the celebrations, I havent listed them here, but they do include a limited edition knife :rolleyes: but I was very please to see their 25th Anniversary Nickel Woodlore Badge for £5 is giving all its proceeds to Macmillan Cancer Support, very nice to see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE