What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
That is one mighty collection og torches!!! What makes' the big one on the right?

P

Thank you.

It's actually not even a collection though compared to some of the guys over at the candlepowerforums.
Odd thing is, although i use all my torches a fair bit, just over a year ago i didn't have one decent torch yet seemed to manage fine.

So it is a bit of a surplus type hobby thing, but if anyone that knows me, needs a torch they always come to me and having a decent torch really does make many many jobs and hobbies safer and easier.

The torch on the right is a Fenix TK70.
It's a 4 x D cell 2220 lumen beast of a LED light.
http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=97

It uses 3 x Cree XM-l LED's.
IMG_1061.jpg

Last edited:

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Just ordered a Camelbak Mule in black for my biking excursions.

Also received from HH today a Under Armour compression T shirt. First compression shirt I've had, feels.. MUSCLEY!

Also, my little bros 15th birthday yesterday, gave him a victorinox camper. His first ever blade. Also gives him some incentive to stop biting his bloody nails! :headbang:

D

DavidBFPO

hello, Picked up this week x2 10 litre military metal gerry cans £15.00 each, little brothers of the big
5 gallon cans. The 5 gallon spout that can be affixed fits these also, so less weight to
transport around.
Regards
David

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
My Alpkit Pipe dream 600 and exped syn mat 7 UL arrived a few days ago replacing my vango fusion and foam multimat. I truly can't believe the level of warmth and comfort but best of all it all fits in side my army bivi without feeling tight and restrictive :D

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
I finally got myself a woodern handled Svord Peasant knife. I've been meaning to get one for ages. It's currently in bits as I'm getting it to how I want it.

It arrived in pretty good quality (I got it new from Heinnie's). The blade had a nice even grind though it really isn't sharp, it would be hard for it to cut through an apple. Not an issue though, I'll spend a beit of time on me Stones and it'll be sharp enough to shave with.

The handle was a bit rough and had a few sharp edges. Nice and smooth now, bit of time with 240 grit sandpaper followed by linseed oil and it's where I want it. It has quite a nice grain i the wood too. I'm thinking of adding a bit of leather as a spacer in the one end of the handle, I'll have a play and see how it looks and feels (useful to keep those little off cuts of leather).

I'll post photos once it's done, probably next week.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I did a leather spacer too.
Works well.

I finally got myself a woodern handled Svord Peasant knife. I've been meaning to get one for ages. It's currently in bits as I'm getting it to how I want it.

It arrived in pretty good quality (I got it new from Heinnie's). The blade had a nice even grind though it really isn't sharp, it would be hard for it to cut through an apple. Not an issue though, I'll spend a beit of time on me Stones and it'll be sharp enough to shave with.

The handle was a bit rough and had a few sharp edges. Nice and smooth now, bit of time with 240 grit sandpaper followed by linseed oil and it's where I want it. It has quite a nice grain i the wood too. I'm thinking of adding a bit of leather as a spacer in the one end of the handle, I'll have a play and see how it looks and feels (useful to keep those little off cuts of leather).

I'll post photos once it's done, probably next week.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Look forward to seeing the pics of that Svord Peasant.

Not exactly "bought", but I received my fixed Leatherman Charge back from Whitby's and had a great surprise. A brand new one!

I sent it in for repair due to the wire cutters having damage and the notch on them was meaning the plier heads were "sticking" when passing the notch. Also, the plier heads were slightly out of alignment, tbh they were out of alignment the day I got it. But hey! A brand new Leatherman delivered to my door, exactly a week after I posted it. Top marks Leatherman.

thatch

Feb 17, 2007
Norway
Yesterday I bought some new binoculars. Very satisfied with them so far. They will be used primarily for hiking and birdwatching.

bin_dbk_42_front-t.jpg

The Vortex Diamondback 8x42

I just received my DD Whoopie Slings & Tree Huggers, I cant believe how much quicker and easier it is to set up my hammock now.
A nice BK&T Becker BK2
A Stainless Steel Heavy Duty NATO Crusader Mug Lid, like the Becker BK2 it is heavy but built to last, I tested it this morning on my honey stove, it knocked a good 2 mins off the boil time compared to the BCB plastic lid

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE